Pariksha Sangam Portal is an all-inclusive portal launched by CBSE ahead of the challenges posed by the COVID-19 crisis to provide a one-on-one IT solution to students for accessing sample papers, circulars, detailed syllabus, and results. It was launched on July 3, 2022, to provide relevant and updated information to students studying under the CBSE board. The portal acts as a repository that connects students, teachers, parents, and stakeholders to regional offices and CBSE headquarters and simplifies all activities during the pre-examination and post-examination phases.
For more updates on current affairs for UPSC Examination, follow UPSC 2023 page.
The portal is launched before the release of CBSE 10th and 12th results 2022. Students get an opportunity to access the result from this portal.
Read how to get started with UPSC preparation after 12th Board Exams from this linked article.
In this article, we will discuss the relevance of such a portal and its benefits for students.
About Pariksha Sangam Portal 2022
CBSE Board has always come up with effective initiatives and IT systems to ensure smooth functioning of all activities in the academic domain including examinations, and affiliation, and has always tried to bring transparency and accountability in actions. Pariksha Sangam Portal is a one-stop solution for students to access information related to their exams, results, syllabus, and other activities through their mobile phones or laptop. Previously, the information was scattered and unorganized, which made it difficult to access and record it for the future. Information on CBSE Schools, Regional Offices, and CBSE Head Office are all brought under this umbrella portal for convenience.
How to access the Pariksha Sangam Portal?
Pariksha Sangam Portal carries out end-to-end activities from student registration to declaration of results.
One can access this portal through their mobile phones or Computers and type the URL in the browser “pariksha sangam.cbse.gov.”
Pariksha Sangam Portal Sections
The Pariksha Sangam Portal is divided into three main sections:
- Pariksha Sangam Schools Section (Ganga)
- Pariksha Sangam Regional Offices Section (Yamuna)
- Pariksha Sangam Head Office Section (Saraswati)
This section provides access to information and services associated with CBSE schools across the country. The important features of this section include:
- Exam Reference Materials: This includes Examination Circulars, Examination Bylaws, Subjects offered at Secondary and Senior Secondary levels, CBSE Curriculum, Sample Question Papers, and Marking Scheme, Question Bank, Model answers, and Examination Statistics
- Pre-Exam activities: This part contains information on oasis r-2.0 (Online Affiliated Schools Information System), Teacher Data Bank, Registration for 9th and 11th class, Health and Physical Education Portal, List Of Candidates (LOC)- Class 10th and 12th, Centralized LOC Correction, and School or Centre Material
- Exam activities: This section includes Class 12th internal grades upload, Class 12 Practical or Internal Assessment data upload, Exam Centre Management, and Theory Marks Upload.
- School Digilocker and Post Exam activities: This comprises School DigiLocker Access and Re-checking and Re-Evaluation of answer scripts.
- Communication and Integrated Payment System: This includes Harkara Portal, an online Communication System for Schools, and Integrated Payment System that acts as an Online Direct Bank Transfer System for Exam Centres and Exam functionaries.
Now, let us understand the subsets of the Regional Offices Section.
Regional Office Section
- This includes Exam Reference Material, Regional Office Dashboard for Command, Control, and Data Management, E-SANDESH that facilitates sending and receiving bulk SMS and Emails, HARKARA OR Rapid Communication system for schools, Duplicate Academic Documentation System, Regional Office DigiLocker Access, Historical Information Repository of Schools, Examiners Appointment System for Examination ( EASE), Centres Allocation System for Examination (CASE), CMTM (Confidential Material Tracking and Monitoring App), and Centralized LOC Correction.
Head Office Section
- This includes Exam Reference Material, Pre Exam, and Post Exam Data/MIS, Integrated Payment System Monitoring, CMTM, and HARKARA Portal.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education or CBSE is a national-level Board established for the management of private and public schools controlled by the Government of India.
- It was established in 1962.
- It is headquartered in Delhi with around 16 regional offices including Chennai, Delhi, Ajmer, Allahabad, Panchkula, etc.
- CBSE considers both English and Hindi as its official languages
- AISSE is the examination conducted by CBSE for 10th-level students, and AISSCE is an examination conducted for 12th students.
- CBSE Board comprises the Chief Executive, assisted by five heads of different departments. They are:
- The Secretary and Director (Academic)
- The Controller of Examinations, HOD (Edusat, R&D, and Vocational Education)
- HOD (Special Exams, Projects & Training).
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Secretary (Education), and the Government of India appoints the Secretary and Heads of Departments.
- The present Chairman of CBSE is Nidhi Chibber, IAS.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Scheme
- It is a scholarship scheme for meritorious girl students who are the only daughter of their parents to avail an amount of Rs. 500 for a term of two years.
- The scheme has been introduced to promote quality and affordable education for single girl children who have passed the 10th standard and are planning to continue studies in the 11th and 12th.
- All Single Girl Children, who have secured 60% or more marks in CBSE Class X can apply.
- This scholarship applies to Indian Nationals only
- NRI applicants of the board are also eligible for the scholarship. Rs.6000 is the maximum amount decided as the tuition fees for NRIs per month.
CBSE DigiLocker Facility
- CBSE can keep, update and access academic records of students through this facility.
- It is a digital repository for students where they can access digital mark sheets, pass certificates, and migration certificates of CBSE examinations.
- Educational institutions and Employers can verify the academic record of students through this platform.
- SAFAL was launched by CBSE on July 29th, 2021.
- SAFAL stands for Structured Assessment For Analysing Learning Levels
- It is a competency-based assessment model for CBSE students of grades 3, 5, and 8 as per New Education Policy.
- It focuses on understanding core concepts, solving application-based questions, and developing higher-order thinking skills for students.
- It tracks the progress of students throughout the school years and ensures competency-based education.
- It helps to improve the foundation and learning outcomes of students.
- It has been developed by CBSE.
- TERM stands for Teacher Energized Resource Material.
- It has been developed to aid teachers to form a competency development model.
- Handbooks have been developed in Mathematics and Science for classes 6-10.
- Each chapter of the handbook corresponds to the chapter of the NCERT textbook.
|E-SHRAM Portal||NCERT Notes|
|UIDAI Portal||IAS Mains GS Paper 3|