Are you an individual who is searching for happiness? Do you know the places where you have to search for happiness? If you know it, then you are a fortunate person. Most people living in this world right now do not even know where they lost it. Many people lose it unknowingly, and there are people who haven’t realised that they lost it. How sad is that state, right?
Is it necessary for human beings to take a dive into the sea of melancholia? No. We don’t even have the time for it as the time allotted to us on this beautiful earth is very short. So it is better not to waste it by being sad. Enjoy every moment and always try to live happily.
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Quotes to Use in a Speech on Happiness
- Sample Speeches on Happiness
- Frequently Asked Questions on Happiness
Top 10 Quotes to Use in a Speech on Happiness
- “There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.” – George Sand.
- “Happiness is not the absence of problems; it’s the ability to deal with them.” – Steve Maraboli.
- “The secret of happiness is freedom, the secret of freedom is courage.” – Carrie Jones.
- “There is no happiness like that of being loved by your fellow creatures and feeling that your presence is an addition to their comfort.” – Charlotte Bronte.
- “If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap. If you want happiness for a day, go fishing. If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else.” – Chinese Proverb.
- “Happiness is only real when shared.” – Jon Krakauer.
- “Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- “True happiness is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.” – Helen Keller.
- “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet.” – James Oppenheim.
- “Ask yourself whether you are happy, and you cease to be so.” – John Stuart Mill.
Sample Speeches on Happiness
A few samples of speeches on happiness are given below. Go through them, utilise the resource for your better understanding, and try to give a happy vibe to yourself and to others.
Short Speech on Happiness in 100 Words
Where is the hidden key to happiness? Have you ever tried to seek it, spent hours looking for it, and failed? It’s time to realise that the key to happiness is within you. “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” These are the words said by the Dalai Lama. Do not waste your time searching for happiness; it is not going to be with you unless you do something to get it. Happiness that a person enjoys is completely based on the efforts put by that particular person. People or nature associated with the individual may contribute to enhancing happiness, but its core is within the person itself.
Short Speech on Happiness and Mindset
“The search for happiness is one of the chief sources of unhappiness.” Do you agree with this statement of Eric Hoffer? Is it a thing that has to be searched? No, happiness is an emotion that has to be created by the person itself. Do not depend on others for it.
Ask yourself about the things that make you happy, list them down and try to follow them. Because these are the things that make you alive, value this list of happiness more than anything else. Self-love is never a selfish love but a necessary love. Self-love helps in developing a positive mentality. By loving oneself, one can reduce stress and anxiety, and one can experience peacefulness in life.
Speech on Happiness – How to be a Happier Person?
Just like the words of Don Marquis, “Happiness is the interval between periods of unhappiness.” It is something that we all have to pursue to achieve. Even the happiest of individuals can feel distressed from time to time.
Exercise regularly. Physical activities are good for mental and physical refreshment. It makes an individual stay active and reduces stress, anxiety, and depression.
Try to enjoy every little thing in your life. Little things happening in our lives matter a lot. As Arthur Canon Doyle said, “The little things are infinitely the most important.” Accept the fact that it is the smallest things that make the biggest differences. And by such appreciation of small things, it means that you focus your attention even on the little things that nurture and sustain you in life.
Show gratitude in your life. By being grateful for things that an individual has in life, one will start feeling happier. Gratitude can be called a divine positive attitude; it purifies us spiritually. By being grateful, one realises about things that make one’s life worth living. A person’s gratitude can be developed through regular practice – sit down peacefully for some minutes and think about five to ten things that you are grateful for.
Try to find a sense of purpose in your life. Researchers have found that individuals with a sense of purpose in life have better well being and a more fulfilled life. Finding the ultimate meaning of our lives is not easy, but one can develop a sense of purpose by setting goals and direction in life.
Try to follow these tips in your life, believe in yourself and always be happy.
Frequently Asked Questions on Happiness
Where is the hidden key to happiness?
The key to happiness is within you. Just like the words of the Dalai Lama, “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.”
How to be a happier person?
- Exercise regularly. Physical activities are good for mental and physical refreshment. It makes an individual stay active and reduces stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Try to enjoy every little thing in your life.
- Show gratitude. By being grateful for things that an individual has in life, one will start feeling happier.
- Try to find a sense of purpose. Researchers have found that individuals with a sense of purpose in life have better well being and a more fulfilling life.
Why is self-love important for being happy?
Self-love plays a very important role in making a person happy. Self-love helps in developing a positive mentality. By loving oneself, one can reduce stress and anxiety, and can experience peacefulness in life.