AP PGECET 2023: The AP PGECET is conducted on behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education (APSCHE) by Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati. The examination is conducted for candidates seeking courses in M.Tech/M.Pharma/Pharma.D (PB) in the University Engineering/Pharma Colleges and their affiliated colleges, approved by the All India Council for Technical Education for the session 2023-24.
Table of Contents
- AP PGECET 2023 Important Dates
- AP PGECET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- AP PGECET 2023 Exam Pattern
- AP PGECET 2023 Syllabus
- Steps to Fill Out AP PGECET 2023 Application Form
- AP PGECET 2023 Admit Card
- AP PGECET 2023 Results
AP PGECET 2023 Important Dates
All the important dates for AP PGECET 2023 are as follows:
|1.||Release of Online Application Form||March 21, 2023|
|2.||Last Date to Submit the Application Form (without a Late Fee)||April 30, 2023|
|3.||Online Application Form Correction Window||May 16, 2023|
|4.||Last Date to Submit the Application Form with a Late Fee of Rs 500/-||May 6, 2023|
|5.||Last Date to Submit the Application Form with a Late Fee of Rs 2000/-||May 10, 2023|
|6.||Last Date to Submit the Application Form with a Late Fee of Rs 5000/-||May 16, 2023|
|7.||Download of Online Admit Cards||May 22, 2023|
|8.||Date of AP PGECET||May 28, 2023 to May 30, 2023|
|9.||Exam Slots with Time||10 AM to 12 AM (Noon)
3 PM to 5 PM (Evening)
|10.||Release of Preliminary Key||29-05-2023@6PM (For May 28th exam)
30-05-2023@6PM (For May 29th exam)
31-05-2023@6PM (For May 30th exam)
|11.||Last Dates of Challenging the Preliminary Keys||31-05-2023@6PM ((For May 28th exam)
01-06-2023@6PM (For May 29th exam)
02-06-2023@6PM (For May 30th exam)
AP PGECET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following Eligibility Criteria must be satisfied by the candidates participating in the AP PGECET 2023:
- The candidate must be an Indian national and belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- The candidates must satisfy the local/non-local status requirement as laid down by the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions Order, 1974, as subsequently amended.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates must have pursued suitable graduate or similar degree courses in a relevant field with a minimum of 50% marks (45% in case of revised category candidates) from a UGC/AICTE approved Institution recognised by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates must qualify for the AP PGECET in the subject relevant to the M.Tech/M. Pharma courses they are seeking admission to.
- Admissions to 85% of seats in each course are reserved for the local candidates, and the remaining 15% of seats are non-reserved, as per the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- For admissions, the first preference is given to the GATE/GPAT-qualified candidates for each concerned course. The second preference is given to the AP PGECET-qualified candidates as per their ranks in the exam.
Note: The local and non-local (unreserved) status is explained below.
Local Candidates: The following criteria must be fulfilled for the local status of the candidate.
- Local Area: The candidate must have pursued the graduation course from the local Institution for a minimum period of four consecutive years. If not studied at the local Institution, the candidate must be residing in the concerned area for not less than a period of four consecutive years before the date of commencement of the qualifying examination.
- If the candidate does not fulfil the criteria in (1), they will be considered a local candidate, if the candidate has studied at any Educational Institution of the State for a minimum of seven consecutive years ending in the academic year in which they are applying for AP PGECET.
AP PGECET 2023 Exam Pattern
The AP PGECET 2023 Exam Pattern consists of the number of questions, exam duration, marking scheme, and so on. For better preparation, candidates are advised to go through the AP PGECET 2023 Exam Pattern below.
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Mode of Examination||Offline Mode|
|Total Time||2 hours|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Maximum Marks||120 Marks|
|Marks Carried by Each Question||1 Mark for Each Correct Answer|
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marking for Wrong Answer|
AP PGECET 2023 Syllabus
As per APSCHE, the syllabus for AP PGECET 2023 includes topics which are important from the examination point of view. The AP PGECET 2023 Syllabus PDFs are given here.
|AP PGECET Subjects||Syllabus PDF|
|Bio Technology||Download Now|
|Chemical Engineering||Download Now|
|Civil Engineering||Download Now|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||Download Now|
|Electrical Engineering||Download Now|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||Download Now|
|Food Technology||Download Now|
|Geo Engineering & Geo Informatics||Download Now|
|Instrumentation Engineering||Download Now|
|Mechanical Engineering||Download Now|
|Nano Technology||Download Now|
Steps to Fill Out AP PGECET 2023 Application Form
The candidates can fill out the AP PGECET 2023 Application Form either online or offline. The steps to fill out the application form Online are as follows:
Step 1: Visit the official website, and fill in the required details and pay the Application Fee for AP PGECET 2023. The Application Fee for General Category candidates is Rs 1200, for BC candidates is Rs. 900 and for SC candidates is Rs 700/-.
Step 2: Post the submission of the Application Fee, the candidates will be required to complete the registration process by entering their payment’s reference ID, hall ticket number, mobile number and date of birth.
Step 3: The candidates must enter all the required details and upload all the necessary documents in the application form in the desired format.
Step 4: Candidates must recheck the Application Form before submitting it, and then click on “Submit” the form.
AP PGECET 2023 Admit Card
The Admit Cards were released by the Andhra University on the official website. Only the candidates who have successfully completed their Application Forms could download their Admit Cards Online. The candidates could download their Admit Cards by entering their registration number, date of birth, and entrance paper on the candidate login portal. The Admit Cards were available only till the examination day.
The steps to download the Admit Cards are as follows:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the “Download AP PGECET Admit Card” link.
- Enter the registration number, date of birth, and entrance paper to successfully download the Admit Card, and then click on “Submit”.
- Download the AP PGECET 2023 Admit Card that should be carried along by the candidates on the day of the examination.
AP PGECET 2023 Results
AP PGECET Results were declared on the official website, i.e. cets.apsche.ap.gov.in. The Results were available in the form of Rank cards. Candidates could download their Rank cards by entering their registration number, date of birth and hall ticket number. Click on “View Rank cards”. The candidate’s Rank card will then appear on the screen.
For any queries, candidates may call at 7382058455 between 10 AM to 5 PM or write an email to [email protected].
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Have the AP PGECET 2023 Results been declared?
No, the AP PGECET 2023 Results are not declared yet.
What is the total number of candidates that participated in the AP PGECET 2023?
Over 40,000 candidates are expected to participate in the AP PGECET 2023.
What are the Maximum Marks for AP PGECET 2023?
The Maximum Marks for AP PGECET 2023 are 120..
How many Marks are carried by one correct Answer?
For every correct answer, 1 Mark is awarded to the candidate. So, the total Maximum Marks for AP PGECET are 120.
Will there be a negative marking in the AP PGECET?
No, there is no negative marking in the AP PGECET.