The Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Test, or AP POLYCET, is conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET), Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh. AP POLYCET is conducted for the candidates who seek to get admission in the Diploma Courses in Engineering/Non-Engineering/Technology offered at the various Polytechnic Institutions (that include aided/unaided private Polytechnic Institutions or the Institutions running as a second shift in private Engineering Colleges) of Andhra Pradesh for the academic session 2023-24.
Table of Contents
- Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Exam Pattern
- Steps to Fill out the AP POLYCET 2023 Application Form
- Admit Card
The important dates for Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Test 2023 (AP POLYCET) are as follows:
|1.||Release of Application Form||16 Feb 2023|
|2.||Last Date to Submit the Application Form||30 April 2023|
|4.||AP POLYCET||10 May 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for AP POLYCET 2023
The following Eligibility Criteria are defined for the AP POLYCET 2023:
- The candidate must be an Indian National and must belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Qualifying Examination: Candidates must have passed either the SSC Examination conducted by the State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh/Telangana or any other examination recognised as equivalent by the Board of Secondary Education Andhra Pradesh/Telangana, such as the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Indian Council of Secondary Education (ICSE), the National Institute of Open School (NIOS), Andhra Pradesh Open School Society (APOSS), Grade 10 examination conducted by several State Boards of Secondary Education (Indian States).
Note: The candidates must have Mathematics as one of the subjects and have secured at least 35% marks in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates who have passed from any of the CBSE, ICSE, APOSS, NIOS Boards or any other equivalent examination recognised by the Andhra Pradesh Government must have passed in all subjects in the qualifying examination, such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, etc. The candidates must score a minimum of 35% marks in each of these subjects.
- Candidates who appeared or appearing in the qualifying examination in the month of April/May 2023 and whose results are yet to be declared are eligible for appearing in the AP POLYCET 2023.
- There is no age limit for the candidates appearing in the AP POLYCET 2023.
- Candidates’ rank and score do not ascertain their admission to any Polytechnic Colleges and Institutions.
AP POLYCET 2023 Exam Pattern
For better preparation and time management, candidates are provided with the AP POLYCET 2023 exam pattern below:
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Mode of Examination||Offline Mode|
|Total Time||2 hours|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics|
Mathematics – 50 Questions – 50 Marks
Physics – 40 Questions – 40 Marks
Chemistry – 30 Questions – 30 Marks
|Marks Carried by Each Question||1 Mark for Each Correct Answer|
There will be only one paper, which will include questions from the subjects Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. The distribution of questions for each subject is 50 questions for Mathematics, 40 for Physics, and 30 questions for Chemistry.
AP POLYCET 2023 Syllabus
As per the State Board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET), the syllabus for AP POLYCET 2023 is the same as the Grade 10 SSC syllabus for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates must prepare by referring to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics syllabi for Grade 10 given below:
|Random Variables and Distribution|
|Exponential and Logarithmic Series|
|Permutations and Combinations|
|Theory of Equations|
|Human Eye and the Colourful World|
|Reflection of Light by Different Surfaces|
|Refraction of Light at Plane Surfaces|
|3.||Chemistry||Structure of Atoms|
|Carbon and Its Compounds|
|Classification of Elements: The Periodic Table|
|Chemical Reactions and Equations|
|Principles of Metallurgy|
|Acids, Bases and Salts|
Steps to Fill Out the AP POLYCET 2023 Application Form
The candidates can fill out the AP POLYCET 2023 Application Form either online or offline. The steps to fill out the Application Form Online are as follows:
- Step 1: Visit the official website www.appolycet.nic.in.
- Step 2: Click on the “Online Application” link. Fill out all details required for the registration.
- Step 3: The candidates must upload all the necessary documents as required in the Application Form in the prescribed format.
- Step 4: After filling out the online Application Form, the candidate will be redirected to the payments page, where the candidate will be required to pay the application fees online.
The steps to fill out the AP POLYCET Application Form Offline are as follows:
- Step 1: Candidates must visit the official website and download the Application Form.
- Step 2: Candidates must take the printout of the Application Form.
- Step 3: Fill out all required details, such as name, father’s name, address, educational qualification, choice of exam centre, etc.
- Step 4: A copy of the following documents must be attached with the Application Form: recent passport size photograph, qualifying exam mark sheet, etc.
- Step 5: After filling out the Application Form, candidates must visit the nearby helpline centre to submit the form. The application fee Rs. 400/- (OC / BC Candidates) and Rs.100/- (SC / ST Candidates) must be submitted along with the Application Form.
- Step 6: The computer operators at the helpline centres will enter the details from the candidate’s Application Form in the online system.
- Step 7: After the completion of the Application process, the candidate will be given the AP POLYCET Admit Card.
AP POLYCET 2023 Admit Card
Admit Cards for AP POLYCET will be released online on the official website. The Admit Cards will be available for download before the examination. Only the candidates who have filled out the Application Form successfully will get the Admit Card for AP POLYCET 2023.
It is mandatory for the candidates to take the Admit Card to the examination centre on the day of the examination.
The steps to download the Admit Cards are as follows:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the “Download AP POLYCET 2023 Admit Card” link.
- Enter the hall ticket number, date of birth, year of passing the qualifying examination (Grade 10) and password to successfully download the Admit Card, and then click “Submit”.
- Download the AP POLYCET 2023 Admit Card that will be carried along by the candidates on the day of the examination.
AP POLYCET Results
AP POLYCET 2023 Results will be declared after the examination is over. The State Board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET), Andhra Pradesh, releases the AP POLYCET 2023 results online. Candidates could download the results online from the official website. They must take a printout of the results and keep it for future references, such as in counselling and admissions.
It must be noted that the AP POLYCET 2023 results declared online will be final, and no challenges to the results will be entertained by the conducting body of the examination, i.e. the State Board of Technical Education and Training (SBTET), Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh.
The results contain the maximum marks of the examination and the marks scored by the candidate in each section, along with the total marks scored.
AP POLYCET Counselling
Only qualified candidates are allowed to participate in the AP POLYCET 2023 Online Counselling once the dates are announced. After the successful allotment of seats, the candidates will be provided with the provisional seat allotment letters. The commencement date of classes in the allotted college will also be announced later.
For any queries, candidates may call at +91-7901620551 or +91-7901620567 or write to [email protected].
- AP POLYCET 2023 Results
- AP POLYCET 2023 Dates
- AP POLYCET 2023 Question Paper
- AP POLYCET 2023 Syllabus
- AP POLYCET 2023 Admit Card
- AP POLYCET 2023 Colleges
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQs
Have the AP POLYCET 2023 results been declared?
No, the AP POLYCET 2023 results will be declared after the examination is over.
How to apply for AP POLYCET 2023?
Candidates must visit the official website to apply for the AP POLYCET 2023. Online online application can be submitted for AP POLYCET 2023.
What is the application fee for AP POLYCET 2023?
The application fee for AP POLYCET 2023 is Rs. 400/ for OC / BC candidates and Rs. 100 for SC / ST sandidates.
How many examination centres are allotted for AP POLYCET 2023?
AP POLYCET 2023 will be conducted closely 400 examination centres across 26 districts of Andhra Pradesh.