It is the desire and aspiration of every student to get a medical seat in the most prestigious college, the Christian Medical College Vellore (CMC Vellore). CMC Vellore is one of the outstanding institutions to pursue medical and paramedical courses. It is a private educational and research institution affiliated with Dr MGR Medical University in Tamil Nadu. Christian Medical College Vellore offers admissions for a wide range of courses like diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes. CMC is the top medical institution in the country, located in IDA Scudder Road, Vellore, Tamil Nadu. Admission to CMC is based on merit and upon the NEET score.
Let us explore about the courses, exam notifications, application fee structure, and admission process.
|Table of Contents:|
CMC Vellore 2022 Courses
As we know, various courses are offered by CMC, and admissions are based on the NEET score. These courses are categorised as Group A and Group B courses. Let us know which courses are included in Group A and B.
|Group A||MBBS, B.Sc. Nursing, B.Sc. Allied Health Sciences (AHS) Degree Courses|
|Group B||Diploma in Nursing, AHS Diploma Courses and AHS PG Diploma courses.
M.Sc. Bioethics, Biostatistics, Medical Physics, Epidemiology, Clinical Nutrition & Nuclear Medicine Technology, MPH (Master of Public Health), MHA (Master of Hospital Administration), MPT (Master of Physiotherapy),
Fellowships in Antimicrobial Stewardship for Clinical Pharmacists, Hospital
Quality Management & Hospital Chaplaincy.
|Medical Postgraduate Courses|
|Certificate Courses & Post-Doctoral Fellowship Courses|
|M.S. Bioengineering Course|
Source: Christian Medical College Vellore official website.
CMC Vellore 2022 Dates
Below are the events with dates, with respect to the application process, announced for the undergraduate 2022 courses by the authorities.
|NEET UG online application form start date||2nd May 2022|
|Submission of NEET UG application online along with payment (last date)||3rd June 2022|
|Online submission of NEET (UG) 2022 scores||To be announced|
Below are the dates announced for the postgraduate 2022 courses by the authorities.
|Online NEET PG application form filling||2nd May 2022|
|Last date for submission of the NEET PG application form with payment||3rd May 2022|
|Last date for receipt of relevant supporting documents||8th June 2022|
|Last date for receipt of completed sponsorship forms from MNW organisations||24th June 2022|
Click here to know about the detailed CMC Vellore 2022 dates and events.
CMC Vellore 2022 Application Form
Candidates can fill the application only through online mode. Candidates must complete the application form precisely as instructed in the brochure. Candidates should fill out and submit the application before the prescribed deadline. Fill in all the necessary details in the application form and upload the passport-size photograph, signature and scanned documents.
Note: Maximum of 7 courses from Group A can be selected, and 5 courses with a maximum of 2 entrance exam papers in Group B can be applied by the candidate.
CMC Vellore 2022 Application Fee
Application fee varies for different courses. Below is the application fee for the courses as prescribed by the university.
|MBBS, B.Sc. Nursing and AHS Degree Courses||INR 500/-|
|Diploma in Nursing and AHS Fellowships and Diplomas||INR 100/-|
|MPH and M.Sc. Courses||INR 500/-|
CMC Vellore 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The admission takes place only on the basis of merit. Hence, candidates should prepare extensively to qualify for the exam. Below are the eligibility criteria for graduate and undergraduate courses.
The eligibility criteria for Group A courses are given below.
|B.Sc. Nursing (Vellore campus)||Applicants should have cleared Biology (Botany & Zoology), Physics, Chemistry and English individually. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 45% marks taken together with Biology (Zoology and Botany), Physics, and Chemistry at the qualifying Class 12 examination from any recognised board. 5% relaxation given for SC/ST candidates. Only unmarried women candidates can apply.|
|BPT||Applicants should have scored a minimum of 35% in Biology/Botany & Zoology, Physics and Chemistry individually.|
|B.Optometry||Applicants should have cleared Biology, Physics, Chemistry,
and Mathematics or Chemistry, Physics, Zoology and Botany or with a minimum of 35% marks in each subject, including English.
|B.Sc. Medical Records Science||Applicants should have cleared Biology, English, Chemistry, and Physics with a minimum of 35% marks in each subject individually.|
|Bachelor of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology||Applicants should have studied Chemistry, Physics, and Biology/Statistics/Mathematics/Electronics/Computer Science/Psychology with a minimum of 50% marks.|
|B.Sc. Critical Care Technology||Applicants should have passed English, Chemistry, Biology, and Physics with a minimum of 35% marks in each subject separately.|
|B.Sc. Dialysis Technology|
|B.Sc. Nuclear Medicine Technology|
|Bachelor of Prosthetics & Orthotics||Applicants should have cleared Physics, English, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology with a minimum aggregate of 50% in PCME/PCBE.|
|B.Sc. Radiography & Imaging Technology||Applicants should have cleared Biology, English, Physics, and Chemistry with a minimum of 35% marks in each subject individually.|
|B.Sc. Radiotherapy Technology|
|B.Sc. Medical Sociology|
|B.Sc. Cardio Pulmonary Perfusion Care Technology|
|B.Sc. Operation Theatre & Anaesthesia Technology|
|B.Sc. Accident and Emergency Care Technology|
|B.Sc. Cardiac Technology|
|B.Sc. Respiratory Therapy||Applicants should have cleared Chemistry, English, Physics, and Biology or Botany & Zoology with a minimum of 35% marks in each subject individually.|
The eligibility criteria for Group B courses are given below.
|Master of Hospital Administration (MHA)||MBBS/BUMS/BAMS/BHMS/BDS/BNYS/BSMS or B.Tech Biotechnology / BE Biomedical Engineering or B.Sc. (N)/BPT/B.Pharmacy/BHA in Hospital Administration and BBA or B.Sc. (Chemistry / Botany/Zoology/Physics/Biochemistry/Microbiology/Biotechnology ) or B.Sc. Allied Health Sciences (any).|
|Fellowship in Antimicrobial Stewardship for Clinical Pharmacists||Pharm D (Doctor of Pharmacy)|
|Fellowship in Hospital Chaplaincy||BTh or BD of Serampore
University or equivalent degree.
Three years of ministerial experience after ordination. Letter of recommendation from the Church.
|Fellowship in Hospital Quality Management||MBA/MHA/PGDHA/BE/MBBS/
BDS/any graduation in Medical
or paramedical course.
|M.Sc. Epidemiology||MSc. in Nursing/MPharm/MSc. Pharmacology/Statistics/Anatomy/Physiology/Biostatistics/Nutrition/Biochemistry/ Microbiology and other medical related M.Sc./BAMS/BHMS/BSMS/BVSc/BUMS/MOT/MPH/ MPT/MBBS/BDS.|
|M.Sc. Biostatistics||B.Sc. Statistics as the main branch, or
B.Sc. Degree in any subject with
Statistics as ancillary/allied.
|M.Sc. Medical Physics||B.Sc. (Physics) with Mathematics as
one of the ancillary subjects in
|MPH (Master of Public Health)||MBBS, BDS, BOT, graduates of Ayush
courses, BPT, BVSc., B.Sc. Nursing, Pharmacy & Engineering, Postgraduates in Economics, Demography, Psychology, Population Studies, Statistics/Biostatistics, Nutrition,
Management or Law, Sociology, Social Work, Anthropology.
|M.Sc. Clinical Nutrition||B.Sc. Nutrition Dietetics & Food
Service Management/B.Sc. in Food
Science and Nutrition/B.Sc. Food
Service Management and Dietetics / Clinical
Nutrition and Dietetics/
B.Sc. Home Science (with majors in
nutrition and dietetics) / B.Sc. Human
Science (with majors in nutrition and
Nutrition (with majors in nutrition
|M.Sc. Nuclear Medicine Technology||BSc in science subjects with DMRIT/ PGDNMT/BSc in Nuclear Medicine Technology.|
|M.Sc. Bioethics||MBBS / M.Sc (Nursing) / MOT /
|1. Candidates should possess a
BPT Degree awarded by the Tamil
Nadu Dr MGR Medical
University or any other University
recognised as equivalent.
2. Candidates with service obligations will need to have completed the same by 01/09/2022.
3. A candidate who has already
completed or acquired a
Postgraduate degree in any
speciality in MPT or a candidate
undergoing a Postgraduate course in
Physiotherapy in any speciality is
ineligible to apply for the MPT Degree
course in CMC Vellore.
NOTE: Undergraduate candidates who have studied at CMC and are currently undergoing service obligations may furnish a letter stating the same with the expected date of completion. Candidates with service obligations will need to have completed the same by 30th August 2022.
Subject to change: dissertation/examination/conferences/short-term training course fees are to be paid separately. The management/University reserve the right to revise the fee from time to time.
CMC Vellore Medical Eligibility 2022 (MBBS Course)
- Candidates must have reached the age of 17 by 31st December 2022 or earlier.
- To be eligible, students must have scored at least 50% in the NEET-UG 2022 exam.
- According to Tamil Nadu Government and University regulations, a candidate for admission to the medical programme must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English individually, as well as have received a minimum of 50% overall in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (or Zoology and Botany taken together), and 40% overall for candidates who identify as BC, MBC or SC/ST. (BC/MBC/denotified community/SC/ST are as defined by the Government of India or any of the States/UTs Govt; all rules are subject to change as per Tamil Nadu Government & University guidelines).
- Candidates aspiring to get admission into the MBBS programme must have passed all of the subjects in the Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (Academic) administered by the Tamil Nadu state board or any other equivalent exam. Improvement marks for Class 12 will not be taken into account.
For admissions purposes, the following qualifications are regarded as equal to the XII Examination of the Higher Secondary Board of Tamil Nadu. (Subject to ‘Eligibility Certificate issued by the Tamil Nadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai, where applicable).
- Pre-University examination (2-year course) administered by the Pre-University Education Board, Government of Karnataka.
- XII Examination, Pre-Degree Examination, or Intermediate examination conducted by any recognised State Board or Indian University.
- Intermediate examination (2-year course) administered by the Board of Intermediate Education, Andhra Pradesh.
- The Senior Higher School Certificate Examination (12 years), administered by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi (with not less than five subjects, of which English shall be one).
- The Indian School Certificate Examination (12 years) conducted by the Council for Indian School Examination.
Note: The Association of Indian Universities’ determination of qualifications that are equivalent for students who have studied abroad will serve as the criteria for determining eligibility.
CMC Vellore 2022 Counselling
- To participate in CMC Vellore 2022 counselling and to get admission in CMC, a valid NEET exam scorecard is a must.
- Candidates should know the eligibility criteria for each course they want to apply to at CMC.
- Once NEET cutoff marks are achieved, students must sign up for the NEET counselling offered by the Tamil Nadu Directorate of Medical Education.
- Students must take part in NEET counselling and complete the college selection process.
- Colleges are assigned to applicants based on the number of choices made, the NEET score, the availability of seats, and the category.
- Students must visit the Christian Medical College Vellore campus and complete the CMC Vellore admissions procedures.