CAT 2015 results are expected to be released in the second week of January 2016. CAT 2015 was held in November and the IIM aspirants are in for a treat, as six new IIMs are set to open along with the existing 13 IIMs, thereby increasing the total number of seats for IIM aspirants.
The cut-off varies every year and it depends on various factors like CAT score, overall percentile score with sectional cut off and candidates who get selected will get a call from IIMs and other B-schools for the interview round.
Below is the expected cut-offs from different IIM
|IIM||CAT weightage||Academic weightage||Expected cut-off|
|IIM Lucknow & IIM Kozhikode||75||25||98|
* IIM Bangalore and IIM Kozhikode are adaptive and candidates with very strong academic background with 90 percentile may expect a call from these IIMs.
The list of candidates who would be selected for next round will be available on the IIM websites and the aspirants can prepare it. The final round at IIMs includes Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI). Candidate are judged based on their performance along with their academic and professional achievements.
Apart from IIM’s there are other B-schools which accepts the CAT score. Below is the list of non-IIMs with expected cut-offs
- Shailesh J Mehta School of Management, IIT Bombay (SJMSOM )has a cut off of 99 percentile
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) and Department of Management studies (DMS) IIT at Delhi have a cut off of 98 percentile
- Management Development Institute (MDI) in Gurgaon has a cut off at 95+
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) in Mumbai has 95+ cut off
- T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) has a cut off of 90
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) has a 90 cut off
- Institute of Management Technology (IMT) in Ghaziabad and International Management Institute(IMI) in Delhi have a cut off at 90
Wishing all the IIM aspirants best of luck!