CAT 2016 is scheduled to be held on December 4th (Sunday). CAT exam is the first gateway to secure a seat at premier B-School of the country. Since past few year, we have seen many changes to the paper, from being paper-pen based to computerised, to pattern change to date of exam. The IIM institute responsible to conduct the examination are authorised to change as it would suit the candidates for their convenience.
This year, we are going to see the following changes in the examination:
CAT candidates can make changes in their application forms.
- IIM- Bengaluru has taken a welcome step to allow the candidates to make changes in their application form even after the registration process is complete.
- If the candidate has entered a wrong information about his work experience or his marks obtained and programmes selected , then he can easily edit those fields on CAT official page, starting from October 1st to 5th.
This year CAT is being hosted by IIM-B. The Registration process is on and will continue till 22nd of September until 5pm.
Assistance for PWD candidates appearing for CAT 2016:
- The institute has also initiated a step for the candidates who are PWD appearing for CAT 2016.
- The candidates are going to have a separate tab on their official website, that is dedicated for all the assistance required by PWD candidates.
- The options for them will include to apply for a scribe, request a wheelchair at the exam centre, enabling the zoom feature and other options that would help the candidates in taking the tests. All these facilities will be available from 1st October to 5th October.
- IIMCAT have also started a dedicated email for any kind of assistance required during the registration process. PWD Candidates can email to [email protected]
New test centre added:
The major change that has been carried out this year is the addition of new centre of examination. Noida has been added another designated centre.
- Why was this included?
In the year 2014, CAT centre Noida got removed as an examination centre, and as Greater Noida was included in the list, caused troubles to the aspirants from Delhi- NCR region.
In winters, conveyance problems arose because of fog – which in turn the candidates couldn’t reach the centre on time.
Graduation marks field on the form are changed:
Until this year, the graduation marks that an aspirant could fill in the form was strictly for three years. But from this year, The CAT registration form will be able to accept the marks for bachelors who appeared for their bachelor’s before 1980.
- This complies with the “Age No Bar” for studying MBA rule for the B schools. The candidates, who appeared for their bachelor’s before 1980, can now enter the two years bachelor’s marks in the form.
Candidates having any kind of query regarding CAT 2016 exam can contact BYJU’S Education counsellors on: 9880031619
BYJU’S wishes all the CAT candidates good luck in their endeavour.