CAT 2018 exam was successfully conducted by IIM Calcutta on November 26, 2018. The exam was conducted in two slots i.e. slot 1 or morning slot (9 AM to 12 PM) and slot 2 or afternoon slot (2:30 PM to 5:30 PM). The detailed CAT 2018 exam analysis of slot 1 and slot 2 are given below to help the test-takers and future aspirants get an overview of the exam.
CAT 2018 Exam Highlights & Changes
- Minor structural changes were seen in the VARC section
- Total Non-MCQs in both the slots were 27
- Slot 2 exam was comparatively easier than the slot 1 exam
- DILR was the most difficult section
- QA section was calculation extensive
The detailed CAT exam 2018 analysis of slot 2 and slot 1 are given below. Students can also download the CAT 2018 questions with solutions from the site soon. Check the overall exam analysis of CAT 2018 below.
|Section||Total Questions||Total MCQs||Total Non-MCQs||Remarks|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)||34||27||7||Moderately Easy|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||32||24||8||Difficult|
|Quantitative Aptitude||34||22||12||Moderately Difficult|
CAT 2018 Slot 1 and Slot 2 Analysis
CAT 2018 slot 1 exam was conducted between 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM on November 26. The pattern and format of this year’s CAT exam was almost similar to CAT 2017 exam with a few structural changes.
CAT 2018 VARC Analysis: Slot 1 & Slot 2
- VARC included 34 total questions
- Total 24 RC based questions were included
- Verbal Ability questions were 10 which included 4 Para Jumbles
- A total of 7 Non-MCQs were included
|VARC Topic Name||Total Questions||Weightage||Good Attempts|
|Comprehension Passages||4 passages, 24 questions||72||20+|
|Odd Sentence Out||3||9||3+|
Overall, VARC was comparatively easy than the other three sections.
CAT 2018 DILR Analysis: Slot 1 & Slot 2
- The DILR section was the most difficult one
- There were 8 sets of 4 questions in each
- 15 questions were easily solvable in this section
- Total 8 questions were non-MCQ type while the total questions were 32
|LRDI Topic Name||Total Questions||Weightage||Good Attempts|
The DILR section was the most difficult one when compared with the other two.
CAT 2018 QA Analysis: Slot 1 & Slot 2
- A total of 12 Non-MCQs were included from the total of 34 questions
- The quants section demanded heavy calculation
- This section was moderately difficult
- Arithmetic and geometry based questions dominated the section
|QA Topic Name||Total Questions||Weightage||Good Attempts|
|Geometry & Mensuration||7||21||3+|
The QA section was moderately difficult and was calculation extensive.
CAT 2018 Marking Scheme
The CAT 2018 exam included a total of 34 questions which comprised of both MCQ and Non-MCQ types. The MCQs have a one-third negative marking while the TITA questions have none.
|Question Type||Total Questions||Marks/ Question||Marking Scheme|
|MCQ||73||3||-1 For Each incorrect Attempt|
CAT 2018 Score & Percentile Mapping
|Expected Percentile||Overal CAT 2018 Score||QA Score||VARC Score||DILR Score|
To learn more about CAT score and percentile, visit the linked article. Check out the previous year analysis and other details of the sectional and overall percentile and the score of CAT exam in detail there.
Keep visiting BYJU’S to stay updated with all the CAT exam-related news and updates. Also, get complete assistance for the exam by registering at BYJU’S.
|CAT 2017 Exam Analysis||CAT Score Card|
|About CAT Percentile||Top 50 Management Colleges In India|
|International MBA Colleges Accepting CAT Scores||Top MBA Colleges in India that do not Require CAT Score|