CAT Exam Form 2023: Considering the past year’s Trends, CAT Form will be released tentatively by the first week of August 2023. The conducting authority will release the official notification of CAT 2023 by the last week of July 2023 and will start CAT exam registration by the first week of August 2023, tentatively. CAT is a national-level exam conducted every year by the IIMs and the scores are considered for admissions to the IIMs and other MBA colleges in the country. Please refer BYJU’S CAT College Predictor tool.
Ultimate Guide to Kickstart Your CAT Exam Preparation
Download the e-book now
The CAT Application Form is an important document that the candidates need to fill out on priority after it is released online. So, fill out CAT Form as soon as it is released by the conducting authority by mentioning all the important details without any mistakes.
Read the article below to know more about CAT Form and registration process including the CAT application fees. Knowing all these should be your first priority to avoid last-minute miscommunication.
What is CAT Form?
The CAT application form is a form where the aspirants need to fill in certain details and acknowledge their willingness to appear for the exam. The IIMs collect the relevant data and use that to shortlist the candidates and contact them after the exam. It should be noted that the CAT form is released only in online mode and the payment of registration fees is also done only through online modes.
Check the section below and know more about CAT Form 2023.
CAT Exam Form – Important Highlights
|CAT Form: Official Website||iimcat.ac.in|
|CAT exam application fees (As per last year’s Data)||Rs 1150 for Reserved categories
Rs 2300 for the General categories
|CAT Form Fill Up Last Date||To be Declare|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Test City Options||6|
|Exam Type||Computer-based test|
What does the CAT Exam Form Include?
The CAT form includes several details about the applicant. Individuals need to fill in several details to successfully complete the CAT exam registration process. Some of the details that applicants need to fill in are given below.
To create a user ID, candidates need the following details:
- Email ID and Mobile Number
- Full Name, Date of Birth and Address
After successfully creating the user ID and password, the applicant needs to fill in the following details carefully.
- Personal details like Name, Father’s Name (or Guardian’s Name), Mother’s Name, Birth date, gender, category, PWD status, Nationality, etc.
- Communication details like address and phone number.
- Academic details which include Class 10, 12 and graduation details (marks, aggregate, etc.)
- Work experience details
- Preference for exam city, IIM Programmes and interview cities.
- Payment process.
CAT Form Important Dates
Below are the important dates that you must be aware of to avoid missing the deadline.
|Releasing date of CAT form||August 1st Week|
|Closing Date of CAT Exam Form||September 3rd Week|
|CAT Form Correction Window||September 4th Week|
|Releasing of Admit Card||October 4th Week|
|CAT 2023 exam date||26 November 2023|
The exam-conducting body has made a slight change in the CAT exam cost in 2022. As per the latest updates CAT examination fees are increased a little. We have shared the latest CAT form fees in the section below for your easy reference.
The CAT registration fees can be only paid via online modes. Several options are provided to the applicants for the payment of application fees. It includes as follows:
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- Internet banking, etc.
Fee Structure for CAT Form
|Candidates’ Category||CAT Exam Form Fees|
In addition to this, the candidates also have to pay extra transaction fees. Note the table below to get an idea of the transaction charges that are needed to pain, irrespective of the banks.
|Service||Transaction Processing Fee|
|Net Banking||Rs. 20 per transaction|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.20% of the transaction amount, subject to a minimum of Rs. 5|
|Credit Card (American Express)||2.85% of the transaction amount, subject to a minimum of Rs. 5|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master)||
Important Note: The candidates must check the official notification PDF well after it is released officially by IIM CAT. Never miss any type of the latest updates on CAT application fee, patterns and eligibility. If you fail to meet any of these requirements, the authority can cancel your application at any stage of the selection process.
Additionally, if you submit the wrong cat entrance exam fees, then your registration will not be considered as completed. Hence, your admit card will not be issued.
CAT Registration Form
CAT applicants can also check step by step registration for CAT to check all the stages of the application form fill-up process in detail. It should be noted that the CAT examination fees include the application to 48 programmes offered by all the IIMs. There is no need to separately apply for individual IIMs.
CAT Application Form 2023 – Selection of Test Cities
The candidates can select 6 test cities as per their choices. It is recommended to choose those test cities which are nearer to your home in the CAT Form because the exam conducting authority will allocate the exam centres according to the candidate’s list of preferences.
CAT Exam Form – Documents to be Uploaded
Note the table below to get the details to be uploaded while filling out the CAT Form 2023.
|Documents||Required Dimensions to Fill Out CAT Application Form|
|Photograph (Scanned Copy – Passport Size)||The image must not be older than six months. The image must be 1200 pixels wide by 1200 pixels high and in the.jpg or.jpeg format. The image shouldn’t be larger than 80 KB and have a resolution of no more than 150 pixels per inch.|
|Signature (Scanned Copy)||The signature needs to be 80 mm x 35 mm in size and in.jpg or.jpeg format. It must be very clear and have a white background. The signature shouldn’t be larger than 80 KB or have a resolution of more than 150 pixels per inch.|
|Caste Certificate||You must download your caste certificate from the CAT website, fill out the necessary information, self-attest it, and upload a scanned copy of the certificate as a PDF file if you fall under the NC-OBC, SC, or ST categories.|
|PwD Certificate||You must fill out the PwD certificate, self-attest to it, and upload a scanned copy of it as a PDF document if you fall under the PwD category. You can download the PwD certificate on the CAT website.|
Who is Eligible to Fill Out the CAT Form?
CAT aspirants are suggested to check their CAT eligibility properly before filling out the CAT exam Form in order to avoid any discrepancies later. Below we have shared some important eligibility criteria that you must know before the process for the CAT application:
- The candidates must be graduated from a recognised university in any stream with at least 50% in aggregate (45% for the reserved candidates).
- The final-year students are also eligible to fill CAT Form, but they need to submit the necessary documents before the admission process is started.
- There is no mention of work experience. But the candidates with 2-5 years of experience can work experience can also fill CAT Form to appear in this exam.
- There are no limitations in the upper age limit to fill out the CAT Exam Form.
CAT Form 2023 – Things to be Noted Carefully
- Edge Chromium, Mozilla Firefox (version 56 and above), and Google Chrome (version 59 and up) are the recommended web browsers for completing the CAT exam form.
- Do not use a smartphone to complete the CAT application. Fill out the application on a desktop or laptop.
- Before pressing the “submit/save key,” carefully cross-check all of the information you have entered into the CAT form.
- The details cannot be changed once it is submitted. You will need to make a new login ID, complete the form, and make the fee payment once more.
- For future use, keep a copy of the CAT registration fee acknowledgement sheet and a copy of the duly completed application form.
- Keep the CAT form confirmation email until the MBA application process is complete. It is recommended to print out the confirmation email.
CAT Application Form – Instructions to be Followed by Reserved Category Candidates
Candidates who want to submit the CAT form under the Reserved category must adhere precisely to the guidelines provided just for them.
- Visit the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC) website at http://www.ncbc.nic.in/Home.aspx to determine the caste or tribe name that applies to you.
- This information will also be on the CAT exam form. To access the website of the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC), click the icon on the form.
- The reserved category form must be submitted without any mistakes. From the CAT 2023 official website, get the EWS, NC-OBC, and SC/ST Certificate, fill it out, and self-attest. Scan it as a PDF document, and upload it to the CAT website.
- Download the Person with Disability (PwD) Certificate from the CAT website, fill out the needed information, self-attest, and scan it as a PDF document to post the certificates on the CAT website if you are applying under the Person with Disability (PwD) category.
- If you will be using a scribe to help you with the exam, fill out the Scribe Affidavit form on the CAT exam registration portal before the due date and make your own arrangements for a scribe.
Keep visiting BYJU’S to get more updates on the CAT 2023 and get complete assistance for CAT preparation
Frequently Asked Questions on CAT Form
How to fill out CAT Form 2023?
The candidates have to fill out the CAT Form 2023 online on the official website of IIM CAT. No other options are available to fill out and submit the application form.
What are CAT Application Form fees?
As per the latest official updates, CAT Application Form Fees are INR 2300/- for general category candidates and INR 1150/- for reserved category candidates.
Is CAT Applicated started?
No CAT application is not started yet. As per the trends, the exam conducting body will release CAT Form and will start the registration process tentatively by the first week of August 2023.
Can I fill CAT exam form offline?
No, there is no provision to fill out the CAT exam form offline. You have to fill it out online on the official website of IIM CAT.