CAT 2023 Registration: The candidates may know that CAT Registration is the first step of appearing for the exam. Completing the registration first is an important step in filling out the application form and paying the exam fees. The candidates appearing in the upcoming exam must complete CAT registration 2023 as earliest. Please refer BYJU’S CAT College Predictor tool.
Following the trends, CAT exam registration 2023 will commence tentatively by the first week of August 2023 on the official website of IIM CAT. The exam conducting authority will activate the CAT registration window online which will be remained active till the last week of September 2023. Here, we have shared the step-by-step guide for CAT 2023 registration. Also, we have added screenshots of the CAT registration process so that candidates can get a better idea of how to register for the CAT 2023.
Read the article below and know the complete details for CAT registration 2023 that you have to follow in the upcoming exam.
What is CAT Registration?
The candidates may know that CAT 2023 registration is an online registration process to enter their names and other details to appear for the exam. Candidates must first create their login ID and then fill out the CAT Application form. You can find out more about the documents required for CAT registration, the steps involved, the points to consider during the registration process and CAT Registration last date in the section below.
We have shared all the details related to CAT 2023 Registration, including fees, eligibility, how to apply for CAT, transaction charges, form correction window, documents required and other relevant details.
CAT Registration 2023 Highlights
Note the table below to get important highlights for CAT 2023 exam registration that you must be aware of before applying for the exam. Note that, the CAT Registration form is also called the IIM admission form because the candidates have to select the IIMs in the application form.
Based on this, IIMs will shortlist the qualified candidates for Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT) round. Candidates must carefully select the IIMs in the CAT Registration to avoid later-stage disqualification.
|CAT Registration Particulars||Details|
|CAT Registration Fee||Rs 1150 for Reserved categories,
Rs 2300 for the General categories
|Medium of Exam||English|
|CAT Registration – Test City Options||6|
|CAT 2023 Registration Mode||Online|
|Exam Type||Computer-based test|
CAT Registration Date 2023
Note the table below to get important official schedules for the last date for CAT registration along with the start dates. As of now, we have shared the tentative schedules for the events.
|Events||CAT 2023 Registration Important Dates|
|Declaration of CAT notification||Last week of July 2023|
|CAT registration date 2023||First week of August 2023|
|CAT registration last date||Third week of September 2023|
|Correction window||Last week of September 2023|
|CAT Exam Date 2023||26 November 2023 (Tentative)|
Step-by-step Process of CAT Registration
The entire CAT 2023 registration will comprise 3 steps. All the steps are explained below with their respective screenshots for better understanding. Check out the detailed guide and step-by-step process on How to apply for CAT.
Note: Before applying for the CAT, check out the detailed CAT exam pattern here.
Step 1: Online CAT Registration for User ID and Password
At this point of CAT 2023 exam registration, candidates need to fill up their personal and communication details. Also, they need to maintain a valid email and phone number throughout the process.
- First, go to the official CAT website and click “New Candidate Registration”.
- After clicking on the new CAT Registration, a new window will appear as given below.
- Below this screen, candidates need to fill in their name, birth details, email address, country and mobile number.
- After that, click on generate OTP. Then, candidates need to opt-in to the declaration below.
- Then click on the submit button, and an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. The CAT registration 2023 process for new candidates is complete now.
Step 2: Filling out the CAT Application Form
- Now, click on “go-to application form” at the top of the page as mentioned below:
A new window will appear where candidates need to fill in the following details:
- Personal Details
- Work Experience
Now, fill in the respective details from each of the sections of the CAT Registration form. The page will look as given in the image below.
The further steps in the CAT 2023 Registration are explained in detail below with respective images. Check the overall process to have a better understanding.
- Personal Details: Here, fill in the personal details like Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s Name, Gender, Nationality, PwD Status, Category, and Communication Address, and upload a scanned copy of the passport-size photograph and signature
Note 1: For reserved category candidates, respective certificates should be uploaded during CAT registration. The details are given below:
- NC-OBC/SC/ST Certificate: Download the certificate from the CAT Website, enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, self-attest, and scan it as a PDF document to upload here.
- PwD/DA Certificate: Download the certificate from the CAT Website, enter the required information and attest signatures from the appropriate authorities, self-attest and scan it as a PDF document to upload here.
Note 2: Specifications of photograph and signature for CAT Registration 2023:
- Dimension: The photograph should be 35 mm x 45 mm, and the signature should be 80 mm x 35 mm.
- Format: .jpg or .jpeg
- Size: 80 KB
- Others: The photograph should have a white background and should be a recent one.
After uploading, click on the save and continue button to move to the academics tab.
- Academic Details: At this point for CAT Registration 2023, the aggregate percentage, total marks obtained, maximum marks, board/university name, stream, the subjects taken during the degree (Graduation/Post-Graduation), and other relevant details have to be filled in.
In Bachelor Degree Details, there will be two options available. If candidates have completed the degree, the details have to be entered. Candidates studying in the final year are also eligible for CAT 2023 registration.
Note 3: If you are pursuing an integrated Master’s Degree programme after 10+2, calculate the percentage of marks obtained in the first 3 years as per your university/institute norms, which are considered equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree. Enter the remaining 2 years’ percentage in the Master’s Degree marks.
- Work Experience: This section of CAT Registration is applicable only to candidates with prior full-time work experience. You have to select the working area given in the list. In case it does not match your professional experience, select ‘Other’. Mention the work experience in months.
After filling in the work experience details, click on the save and continue button, and then the details about IIM Programmes and exam city preferences have to be filled in.
- Programmes: Here, candidates need to choose their preferred programmes in the respective IIMs. It should be noted that there is no limit to choosing programmes, i.e. the candidates can choose any number of programmes from the list they want.
As seen above, candidates can choose up to 4 city options during CAT registration 2023, but they will be randomly allocated a test city (from the selected 4).
- Payment: The candidates will now have to pay a registration fee of Rs. 1900/- (Rs. 950/- for SC/ST/OBC/PwD) from the different payment options available. The final amount will include the additional charges as given in the table below.
CAT Exam Fees
As per the latest official updates, CAT Registration fees are updated in 2022 by the exam conducting body IIM CAT. It increased slightly for all the categories.
Here, in the table below, we have shared the updated fees that you must be paid to complete the CAT registration 2023 successfully.
|Candidates’ Category||CAT 2023 Registration Fees|
|SC/ST and OBC||INR 1150/-|
CAT Exam Fees for OBC
The exam-conducting body also made little changes in CAT Fees for OBC in 2022. It was also increased and as per the latest data, CAT registration for OBC candidates is INR 1150/-. The candidates who are appearing in the upcoming exam can expect the same form fees.
CAT Registration 2023 – Transaction Charges
Note the table below to get a list of bank transaction changes that have to be paid by the aspirants along with the CAT exam fees.
|Service||CAT 2023 Registration – Transaction Processing Fee|
|Net Banking||Rs. 20 per transaction|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.20% of the transaction amount, subject to a minimum of Rs. 5|
|Credit Card (American Express)||2.85% of the transaction amount, subject to a minimum of Rs. 5|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master)||
After the successful transaction, a Payment Successful message will be displayed on the screen along with the Payment Transaction Number. Upon successful CAT 2023 registration, candidates will be sent a Confirmation Email also.
Who is Eligible for CAT Registration?
Before knowing How to Apply for CAT, the candidates must check the eligibility criteria of the exam and the IIMs. The candidates must be graduated from a recognized University in any stream to complete CAT registration.
However, the final year candidates are also eligible for CAT 2023 registration. But they have to submit certain documents to the authority as proof of their eligibility.
CAT 2023 Registration Form Correction Window
Following CAT registration, the form revision window will be open for four to five days. While the form correction window is open, candidates can update their CAT form by uploading a better photo and an image of their signature, as well as changing their preferred test city.
- Log on to the official website of IIMCAT
- Click on the ‘login’ tab
- Enter your User ID and password
- Click on the Application Form to do the correction
- Go to the relevant section (photo, signature, test city) and make changes
- Make changes and enter the CAPTCHA code and click on continue to complete the process
CAT Registration – Recommended Browsers
Edge Chromium, Mozilla Firefox (version 56 and above), and Google Chrome (version 59 and up) are the recommended web browsers for completing the CAT registration and filling out the application form. Do not use a smartphone to complete the CAT registration process. Fill out the application on a desktop or laptop.
Documents Required for CAT 2023 Registration
Before starting the CAT exam 2023 registration, applicants must ensure that they have the following documents ready:
- Email ID
- Permanent Mobile Number
- Scanned Signature
- Scanned Passport Size Photograph
- SSLC, HSC, Graduation Mark Sheets
- Provisional Certificate/Degree Certificate
- Letter of Work Experience (if applicable)
- Payment Details (Debit card/Credit Card/Net Banking)
CAT Exam Registration 2023: Selection of Test Cities
Candidates can choose up to six selections from a list of 158 cities to indicate their desired test site when filling out the CAT registration form. However, the selection of the CAT test city will depend on the number of seats at the facility.
Pointers to be Noted during CAT Registration
- First, examine the CAT Eligibility and check if you are qualified to apply for the exam.
- Be very cautious while you enter your details. Ensure that all details like your date of birth, phone number, and email address are correct before pressing the submit button.
- Register and complete the CAT Registration 2023 process as early as possible to avoid unnecessary glitches.
- Choose and fill in the cities of your choice carefully, taking into account your travel convenience and the accessibility of the exam centre. An applicant will be assigned one city from six preferences. If the city specified for the CAT exam centre is unavailable, the candidate will be allocated to a nearby city.
- The last step of the CAT registration process is to pay your registration fee. Please keep in mind that the registration will remain incomplete until you have paid the CAT fee.
CAT Registration – Errors to be Avoided
Check the following to prevent mistakes while completing CAT 2023 Registration.
- Use an active email address and mobile number because email and mobile will be used for all communication from CAT registration to the IIM shortlist.
- Carefully choose your CAT test city because after the exam site has been assigned, no requests for changes will be considered.
- When choosing an exam location, give preference to your current city. Before choosing six cities in the range of 1-6, consider how easily you can get to the testing location on exam day.
- Enter your work experience information precisely, as the IIMs will review it to select students for WAT-PI.
- Along with the CAT registration form, upload current caste, PwD, and Scribe certificates. Candidate participation in the exam may be prohibited if it turns out that the certifications are false.
- Make sure the fee payment goes through and that you get an email acknowledgement. The form submission will be incomplete and no admit card will be provided if the fee payment is unsuccessful.
Also, explore – CAT Registration with Backlogs | CAT Registration Number
Frequently Asked Questions on CAT Registration
Is the CAT Registration Fee refundable?
It is not possible to obtain a refund of your registration fee if you do not appear for the exam in the allotted slot. Once the registration has been successfully completed, payments are non-refundable.
What is the last date of CAT 2023 Registration?
The IIM will tentatively release the notification for CAT 2023 in the last week of July 2023. The last date of CAT 2023 registration will be mentioned in the official notification released by the IIMs. The last registration date for CAT 2023 will tentatively be in the 3rd week of September 2023.
Can I choose the convenient slot which I prefer during CAT registration?
You will not be able to select your preferred slot, depending on your choices during CAT registration. Your admit card will include information about your allotted slot, as well as the exam centre, time, and date.
Is it possible to complete the CAT 2023 Registration process offline?
No. The CAT 2023 Registration Process will only be accessible online. Further, The application fee for CAT 2023 can be paid only online. For fee transactions, candidates have the option of using Debit Card, Net Banking, and Credit Card payment gateways.