One of the most common questions of students with any academic backlog in their graduate program is whether they can register for CAT 2021 exam. It should be clarified that CAT aspirants who have an academic backlog during their graduate program can still apply and register for CAT 2021 without any issue.
CAT 2021 Registration with Backlogs
During CAT registration in 2019, IIM Kozhikode received several queries from the aspirants regarding their registration with backlogs. However, there was no such mention in the notification or in the IIM admission policy that prohibits candidates to apply for CAT. In CAT 2021 also, it is expected that candidates with backlogs can apply and appear for the examination.
Important Points Regarding CAT Registration 2021 With Backlogs:
Here, some of the important points are mentioned that the CAT aspirants with backlogs are suggested to go through and clear any confusion regarding the same.
- • A candidate with a backlog in graduation degree is eligible to apply for CAT 2021.
- • Candidates who are appearing for supplementary re-exams are also eligible to apply for CAT.
- • Any candidate scoring more than 50% (45% for reserved category) in graduation (even in supplementary re-exam) can apply for CAT 2021.
- • While filling the CAT 2021 registration form, select “yes” to the question “Are you in the final year of Bachelor Degree?”.
- • Since graduation is incomplete, candidates are required to submit a certificate issued by the Principal/ Registrar of the University (or college) mentioning that the candidates have appeared for supplementary re-examination and are awaiting results.
- • Candidates belonging to any reserved category should check the eligibility properly before applying and should upload a copy of the caste certificate during registration. It should be noted that IIMs does not provide provision to change the caste after completing the registration.
Avoid mistakes while entering personal and academic details while registering:
It is extremely for the CAT applicants to go through the detailed CAT eligibility criteria before registering for the exam. Though a correction window will be available later, it is limited to certain changes i.e. the correction window does not allow changes in the full application. So, to avoid any discrepancies later, which might lead to the cancellation of candidature, CAT aspirants should properly check the eligibility properly before applying.
CAT aspirants are suggested to stay tuned with BYJU’S to get complete assistance for CAT 2021 preparation. Check out the different preparation tips, notes, sample papers, mock tests and question papers provided at BYJU’S to prepare for CAT 2021 in a more effective way.