What is the full form of AIIMS?
The full form of AIIMS is the All India Institute of Medical Sciences. AIIMS is an organization of public medical colleges stretched throughout India, established by the Government of India’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Its function is to create a high standard of education in the medical education system for UG & PG courses.
History of AIIMS
- AIIMS was founded in 1956 on the dream foundations of Jawaharlal Nehru and Amit Kaur. AIIMS was established by Parliament’s Act to serve as a nucleus for nurturing achievement in all fields of healthcare.
- AIIMS provides high-quality education and learning facilities.
- In each of these UG and AIIMS PG courses, AIIMS organizes its education system and also honours its degree.
- AIIMS colleges were also designated as Institutes of National Importance and getting enrolment to one of the AIIMS colleges is a fantasy for every medical applicant.
Functions of AIIMS
- It offers a variety of medical courses; one of these is the MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery).
- It is a global leader in medical science. Within a year, it has more than 600 research publications from its researchers & faculty.
- It also runs a College of Nursing to have B.Sc Hons. Degree in nursing and operates a hospital with 60 beds in Ballabgarh, Haryana.
- AIIMS has twenty-five clinical departments covering all aspects of clinical conditions, which include four super speciality centres. However, AIIMS does not entertain the infectious diseases & dog bite incident.
List of Indian AIIMS colleges
- AIIMS Delhi, New Delhi
- AIIMS Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar, Odisha
- AIIMS Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- AIIMS Patna, Bihar
- AIIMS Raipur, Chhatisgarh
- AIIMS Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, etc.