What is the full form of AIIMS?
The full form of AIIMS is the All India Institute of Medical Sciences. AIIMS is an organization of public medical colleges stretched throughout India, established by the Government of India’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Its function is to create a high standard of education in the medical education system for UG & PG courses.
History of AIIMS
- AIIMS was founded in 1956 under the supervision of Jawaharlal Nehru and Amit Kaur. AIIMS was established by Parliament’s Act to serve as a nucleus for nurturing achievement in all fields of healthcare.
- AIIMS provides high-quality education and learning facilities.
- AIIMS colleges are also designated as institutes of national importance, and getting enrolment in one of the AIIMS colleges is a dream for every medical applicant.
Functions of AIIMS
- It offers a variety of medical courses; one of these is the MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery).
- It is a global leader in medical science. In a year, it publishes more than 600 research publications.
- It also runs a College of Nursing to have B.Sc Hons. Degree in nursing and operates a hospital with around 60 beds in Ballabgarh, Haryana.
- AIIMS has twenty-five clinical departments covering all aspects of clinical conditions, which include four super speciality centres.
List of Indian AIIMS colleges