What is the Full form of AIR?
The full form of AIR is All India Radio. Since 1956 AIR is officially labelled as Akashvani. It is India’s largest public radio station and a Prasar Bharti division. It is the world’s leading radio broadcast concerning the different spoken languages and the scope of cultural & socio-economic variety this represents.
AIR headquartered is located in New Delhi, India. Currently, AIR is capable of covering ninety-nine point Ninety-eight per cent of the Indian population via its broadcasting stations.
History of AIR
- Radio broadcasting began in India in 1923.
- Bombay ‘s Radio Club had made the country’s initial broadcast in June 1923.
- After 5 months of period, Calcutta Radio Club is developed.
- IBC (Indian Broadcasting Company) was founded on 23 July 1927.
- The Indian Broadcasting Service under the Industries & Labor Division re-entered its function on an industrial scale in April 1930.
- In the following month, a private radio station recognized as Akashvani Mysore was formed.
- The Indian State Broadcasting Service became AIR on 8 June 1936.