What is the Full form of AJAX?
AJAX uses a blend of
- XMLHttpRequest built-in browser object – To demand data from the webserver
By exchanging data with a web server behind the scenes, AJAX enables web pages to be updated asynchronously. It implies that sections of a web page can be updated, without reloading the entire page.
History of AJAX
- Earlier, all web pages were created using HTML only.
- As they took a lot of time to reload the site each time, those were hard to use.
- In 1996, Internet Explorer introduced the Iframe tag.
- Jesse James Garrett stated the term AJAX publicly in an article titled “Ajax: A New Approach To web apps” on 18 February 2005.
Application of AJAX
- AJAX can be used CSS & HTML for the presentation.
- The DOM (Document Object Model) to showcase and interact dynamically with information.
- JSON as well as XML for Data Interchange
- XMLHttpRequest to communicate asynchronously
Limitations of AJAX
- It will only be incorporated in the supporting browsers
- Ajax doesn’t facilitate specific screen-reading techniques.
- Some Ajax-supporting screen reading techniques will still be unable to read optimally generated content correctly.
- Bookmarking and returning to a specific state of implementation is difficult.
- It results in a complicated code that is difficult to maintain, to debug and also to code.