What is the Full form of AMIE?
The full form of AMIE is the Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers. The AMIE exam is an engineering degree-level exam conducted by the Institution of Engineers in India, for distance-based admissions to BE and BTech courses. It is essential to know that AMIE seems to be the only gateway in distant learning for students to learn engineering. All state and central governments, UPSC, AICTE and other authors are recognised for the degrees thus awarded.
Applicants need to meet the following requirements to be eligible for the AMIE exam:
- Candidates with or equivalent to a 3-year Polytechnic Diploma in any engineering branch can apply for AMIE. Note that there will be no restrictions on the score in the process of admission.
- For this exam, any candidate who has completed +2 / HSC / PDC with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as the primary subject with a minimum of 45 per cent marks can apply.
- Applicants with any training qualifications equal to the above are also qualified to participate in AMIE.
Use of AMIE
AMIE is precisely equal to the engineering graduation degree; even a certified student also can write for the exams including:
- The Civil Services examination
- IES (Indian engineering services)
- GRE (Graduate Record Examinations)
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)
- GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
- CAT (Common Admission Test)