What is the full form of ANM?
The full form of ANM is Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery . ANM is a diploma course that focuses on the study of various people’s healthcare. In addition to education, it also helps students to learn how to take care of equipment and its maintenance, set up operating rooms, provide medicine to patients on time and keep track of the records.
The ANM course duration varies among different Indian institutes. It often varies from one to three years. In individual institutes, the course can be offered on a part-time basis also. The minimum eligibility criteria for applicants interested in pursuing an ANM course are mentioned below.
- The minimum educational background needed for the ANM course is 12th class education with a minimum of 45 per cent marks from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have studied science subjects in their 12th class.
- Many ANM Nursing Colleges providing the course admit students in a performance-based entry test accompanied by a Personal Interview(PI) round in which general aptitude is evaluated for the course.
- The admission procedures differ across universities.
- Final admission to the ANM depends entirely on the score of the candidate in the entrance test and the PI.
List of the famous institute offers ANM course.
- Bengal Institute of Health Science, Ludhiana
- Amritsar School of Nursing, Punjab
- Aastha School of Nursing, Maharashtra
- Bhava Institute of Medical Science and Research, Bhubaneshwar
- Adarsh College of Nursing, Patiala
- Ambika College of Nursing, Mohali
- Aarogyam Medical College and Hospital (AMCH), Haridwar, Uttarakhand, etc.
Employment areas after ANM course
The primary objective of ANM graduates is the treatment and care of infants, women and the elderly. The course aims at providing medical services to patients, families and also communities so that they can obtain, maintain, or recover health and quality of life.
- Health visitor
- Home nurse
- Rural and basic and community health worker
- Staff and ICU nurse
- Homecare and health care nurse
- Medical college
- Nursing homes
- Medical labs and self clinics, etc.