What is the full form of ASP?
The full form of the ASP is Active Server Pages. ASP is a server side Web building scripting engine. It is generally a server page which includes embedded programming. On the Windows server, the programs are being processed. In general, the ASP server-side engine involves the process of interpreting and performing the ASP document and then returning the document to the user. It is essentially a web-based platform that seeks to create dynamic web pages for programmers. ASP will contain both scripts and standard HTML as well.
A brief history of ASP
- ASP was first implemented as part of IIS (Internet Information Services) 3.0 as ASP 1.0 in December 1996.
- Later its subsequent models labelled ASP 2.0 and ASP 3.0, appeared in 1997 and 2000.
- There have been some extra features in ASP 3.0, so ASP 3.0 improved its efficiency.
Applications of ASP
- HTML modes sent ASP ‘s approved query to the system.
- Unlike Perl and CGI, ASP is straightforward and makes a significant open speed for use.
- In the browser, ASP script is protected, making ASP secure and unable to access it.
- Through incorporating additional details, ASP will change the content of the web page.
- ASP can manage access to all information forms, and that will report back to the user.
Benefits of ASP
- ASP decreases the code line to construct complicated functions.
- It has smart caching systems.
- ASP is independent of language and any language can be used to encode it.
- ASP is significantly faster than most other programs.
- Nowadays, ASP is often used.
Limitations of ASP
- There is indeed a lot of ambiguity in the pages and there are some qualitative issues.
- Everything relies on IIS(Internet Information Services) and is, therefore, troublesome.
- It does have limited resources for debugging & development
- ASP does not have actual state control.