What is the full form of BCA?
The full form of BCA is Bachelors in Computer Application. BCA is a three-year degree course for people who wish to dive into the world of programming language. BCA is the most popular options for starting a professional life in information technology. A BCA is at the same level as a B.Tech or B.E degree in Computer Science.
Highlights of BCA Course
- BCA is an undergraduate and three years course.
- BCA is a semester type examination.
- Eligibility for BCA is 12th pass from recognized board or university.
- Process of admission for BCA is counselling process after entrance exam qualification.
Eligibility Criteria for BCA Course
- Candidate must be qualified 12th board examination from reputed university of diploma course (two or three-year course) after 10th board examination.
- A candidate with commerce or art background can also apply for the course.
- To get into BCA courses, some university conducts the entrance examination.
BCA Syllabus and Career opportunity
The BCA syllabus deals with database management tools, computer architecture, operating systems, web technology, software engineering, and languages like C, C++, HTML, Java, etc. The IT industry is rising rapidly, thereby increasing the requirement for BCA graduates every day. Students will find promising employment opportunities in leading companies such as Infosys, Oracle, IBM and Wipro after pursuing a BCA degree.
BCA graduates are hired not only from private companies but also from public organizations. Government organizations such as the Indian Air Force(IAF), India Navy and Indian Army are also hiring a large number of computer professionals for their IT departments.
What is the opportunity after BCA?
There are many options after BCA graduation, such as obtaining MSA(Master of Computer Science), work as instructor or teacher in university, college or in school, work as a web designer, etc.