What is the full form of CCTV?
The full form of CCTV is Closed Circuit Television. CCTV often known as Video Surveillance. In this system the components like video camera, display screens, recording equipment etc. have a direct connection. This is used to track a particular area that is easy to identify and requires constant monitoring and the area where there is not much attention and rarely someone who can maintain observation for the longest possible time. CCTV monitors and records most of the events, which makes it very obligatory to stay away from a crime This is also used to control traffic, as well as to detect overcrowding and track damage and injury.
Wireless or wired networking is used in CCTV. It can transmit either video or audio, or any of them. Advance CCTV cameras also have night vision skills to capture pictures that are in low light. CCTV signals are not necessarily dispensed for the security purpose but are tracked.
Older CCTV systems used small black and white monitors with less resolution and absence of interactive functionality. Modern CCTV screens can be colour displays, high-resolution showcases, and may include the ability to zoom in on a picture or track something or somebody among its features. Talk CCTV enables an overseer to communicate with people within the range of related speakers of the camera.
Various Components of Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
- Digital or analogue security cameras.
- The video recorder of the type PVR or NVR
- Storage unit such as hard disk
- Display unit usually a screen.
Application And Benefits of CCTV
Applications -In many places CCTV are installed such as airport and train stations, multiplex and shops, highways and city roads, government offices and commercial buildings, residential homes, banks, industrial plants, etc
- A closed-circuit TV camera has the primary purpose of alerting and stopping burglars, thieves and other criminals.
- Many communities use closed-circuit television cameras, to keep track of seniors, kids, or pets at home.
- The CCTV cameras boost the performance of the business and increase productivity as well.