What is the full form of CGL?
The full form of CGL is the Combined Graduate Level. It is one of the most sought-after examinations carried out yearly by the Staff Selection Committee, established in 1975. So, it is also referred to as the Staff Selection Commission – Combined Graduate Level Exam (SSC CGL).
CGL is designed to recruit employees to specific jobs in ministries, government agencies and other Government of India organisations, like Group B & Group C Positions. The final decision of the applicants based on the number of vacancies from the relevant departments.
- The applicant should be an Indian citizen with a bachelor’s degree In a related discipline.
- The SSC for SSC CGL Recruitment has raised the age cap, but the age differs from post to post.
- For SSC CGL, the age limit needed is 27 years, and the maximum age restriction is 32 years.
The exam is carried out online. It is a computer-based examination that is carried out in four stages:
- Preliminary examination (Tier-I) – 60-minutes duration
- Main Exam (Tier-II) – 120 minutes in duration
- Descriptive Test (Tier-III) – 60-minute duration
- Skill Test or Computer Proficiency Test (Tier-IV) – 45 minutes in duration