What is the full form of CPT?
The full form of CPT is the Common Proficiency Test. It is an entry-level exam conducted for enrollment in the Charted Accountancy course by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. It is also recognized as CA-CPT. It is a mandatory examination to become an ICAI (Institute of Charted Accountants of India) member.
Eligibility requirements for CPT
- An applicant who has cleared the 10th class may enrol themself in the Institute of Charted Accountants of India.
- But if the candidate wishes to participate in the CPT test, he must have to complete at least the 12th level or equivalent study in a recognized university.
- The CA CPT registration charge & tuition charges are submitted during the fully filled application form submission.
- The payment for the application form can be downloaded from the website www.icai.org. It is an official website.
Information about CPT examination
- In June & December, CPT is usually performed. Commerce graduates are exempted from the CPT, including other graduates and post-graduates.
- Get the direct entry into the IPCC, the second level of Chartered Accountancy (CA) Exams, and they only need to have the appropriate percentage of the score.
CA CPT Course Subjects
The main subjects in the CPT Course you must prepare are listed below.
- General Economics
- Fundamental of Accountancy
- Mercantile Law
- Quantitative Aptitude