What is the full form of ECE?
The full form of ECE is Electronics and Communication Engineering. ECE is an engineering branch that includes the production, design, research and testing of electronic devices and technology issues related to the telecommunications systems, electronics, computers and related industrial sectors. ECE is introduced at the UG and PG standard by several colleges and universities in India referring to B.Tech and M.Tech degrees, respectively.
ECE engineers are developing all of the electronic devices in the world, which makes our life simple and pleasant. An ECE typically conducts activities such as designing, constructing and maintaining satellites to offer telephone, television and internet access to remote and rural areas; constructing modern networking services such as video conferencing that connect users around the world.
Eligibility criteria for ECE Engineering course
- To get admission in ECE engineering course, the applicants must clear the 12th class with science subject exams such as Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- Qualifying in the JEE(Joint Entrance Examinations) is mandatory for IIT applicants.
- The duration of the course is four years.
- For PG level, applicants must have cleared the UG course in the same subject specialization with an aggregate score.
The focus of ECE Engineering course
ECE focuses mainly on fields including
- Satellite communication
- Solid-state devices
- Analogue transmission
- Digital and analogue communication
- Basic electronics
- Analog integrated circuits
- Microprocessors and microcontrollers
- Antennae and wave progression
- Microwave engineering, etc.
List of best ECE Engineering colleges in India
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
- Delhi Technological University, New Delhi
- National Institute of Technology, Warangal
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- PES University, Bangalore.