What is the full form of EWS?
The full form of EWS is the Economically Weaker Sections. The term EWS used to relate to some households or persons with earnings below a certain threshold. Although there may be other financial considerations that determine the economic insecurity of a citizen/household, income is the dominant criterion. In the field of public policy, the word must be understood in the sense of the Preamble to India’s Constitution it demands economic, political and social justice.
The Central Government has recently implemented a 10 per cent reservation quota for members of the general category Economically Weaker Sections. In India, eligibility for the EWS certificate is not confined to a single annual income factor.
EWS certificate based on the following factors
- Annual income
- Residential flat, etc.
Eligibility criteria to get EWS certificate
An individual is eligible for an EWS certificate.
- Individual household income is under Rs. 8lakh per annum and does not belong to any of the reservation categories such as SC, ST and OBC.
- There are less than 5 acres of agricultural land.
- Residential plot area is smaller than 100/200 sq. Yards.
- The flat residential area is below 1000 sq. Ft.
Document required to get EWS certificate
Applicants are asked to have all the necessary documents mentioned below while applying for an EWS certificate.
- ID proof
- Property or land documents
- Residential proof
- Adhaar card
- Self-declaration form
- Photograph (passport size)
- Other relevant documents.