What is the full form of GAIL?
The full form of GAIL is Gas Authority Of India Ltd. It is the largest natural gas refining and handling business in India. In the definition GAIL is included in NSE (National Stock Exchange) and BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange). Its headquarters is located in New Delhi.
Brief history of GAIL
- In 1984, GAIL India was established by the Indian government as a PSU (Public Sector Undertaking) underneath the Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry.
- On 1 Feb 2013, GAIL was recognized as a Maharatna status by the Indian government. It placed at 131 amongst all the 150 respected and trusted brands in India, as per the analysis.
- In 1996, GAIL became part of the NSE , BSE, and DSE directories.
- LPG plants at Lakwa & Usar were approved for manufacturing in 1999.
- GAIL approved in 2001 to build the longest in the world and first interstate LPG transmission pipeline running from Jamnagar in Gujarat to Loni in UP, India.
- In 2002, a 12 per cent share in GSEGs in Gujarat was managed to pull out.
- Bhagyanagar Gas Limited, which is a GAIL and HPCL joint venture, was established in August 2003.
- For the year 2007-08, GAIL earned the SCOPE Meritorious Award for enterprise authority and regulation.
- It founded a Representative Office in Egypt in 2010. During the same year it was consistently ranked one in the Platts Global Ranking for the classification of gas utilities in Asia.
- In 2011, GAIL the Managing India Award for the Outstanding PSU of the Year. It is the first PSU to be awarded that grant.
- In 2012 it received the MoU Excellence Award for being the most excellent functioning CPSE in the petroleum industry for the year 2009-10. In the same year, the then PM introduced the pipeline from Dahej to Bathinda that is spreading up to 2200 km wide.
GAIL company products
- Natural gas refining and commercialization
- Electricity production
- Liquid Petroleum Gas
- Liquid hydrocarbons