What is the full form of HCL?
The full form of HCL is Hindustan Computers Limited . HCL is a multinational IT company of India. The company head office is located in Noida. HCL was established in 1976, as one of India ‘s original IT start-ups. It is a founder of modern computing with many creations, including the introduction of personal computers focused on an 8-bit microprocessor in 1978.
HCL enterprise today offers services in various sectors including for technology, talent management solutions and healthcare. It also consists of three companies
- HCL Infosystems
- HCL Innovations and
- HCL Healthcare.
Operations of HCL
In 44 countries, including Noida, India, HCL Technologies operates. It operates in Australia, Hong Kong, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Israel, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, New Zealand, Singapore, the UAE, Qatar and South Africa. It includes Belgium, Denmark, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Germany, Finland, Italy, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, and the UK in Europe. The company operates in the Americas with offices in Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Guatemala, Puerto Rico and the US.
History Of HCL
- In 1976 HCL Enterprise was established
- The first three companies of parent HCL Group are HCL Technologies (R&D division of HCL), HCL Infosystems and HCL Healthcare.
- The organization has tried to remain concentrated on hardware, but software and services are a primary focus via HCL Technologies.
- Revenue of HCL in 2007 was 4.9 billion US dollars. In 2017 it amounted to US$ 6.5 billion, and HCL employed more than 105,000 professionals in 31 countries. Revenue for 2018 was US$ 9 billion, with HCL hiring more than 110,000 experts in 31 countries.
- In July 2001 a new unit was formed called HCL Enterprise Solutions (India) Limited.
- HCL Technologies is currently a subsidiary of Vamasundari Delhi through a chain of intermediary companies. Vamasundari (Delhi) is owned by Shiv Nadar and in turn holding the majority of shares in most companies in the HCL group.
- On 1 July 2019, HCL Technologies acquired a few IBM products selectively. In the areas of R&D, sales, delivery, marketing and support, HCL Technologies took full ownership of BigFix, AppScan, Commerce, Connections, Digital Experience, Notes Domino, and Unica.
Business lines of HCL
- ERS – Engineering and R&D Services
- IMS – Infrastructure Management Services
- Applications Services and Systems Integrations
- Business Services/BPO
- GRC Services and Cybersecurity
- Digital and Analytics