What is the Full form of IATA?
The full form of IATA is the International Air Transport Association. IATA is a private organization that facilitates cooperation between scheduled airlines around the world to secure, safe, reliable and economical airline services, i.e. to provide consultancy services to the airline industry.
IATA services involve sales planning, cargo protection, capacity planning, airport operations management, aviation safety, airspace planning, etc. Besides, it provides managerial accounting and distribution, lending, accounting, and fund clearing services.
History of IATA
- IATA was founded in Havana, Cuba in April 1945.
- It was the successor of the International Air Traffic Association, established at The Hague in 1919.
- IATA has 57 airlines from 31 countries at the outset, but it is currently partnered with almost 250 airlines.
- It maintains offices in Geneva, Switzerland. It is headquartered in Montreal, Canada.
Objectives of IATA
- Safety is IATA’s primary concern. It offers a safety device named IATA Operational Safety Audit.
- Many countries still regulate it at the State level. 2012 Aviation records the best year ever.
- The software was launched, and the program was implemented to make it easier for travellers, like bar-coded boarding passes, electronic tickets, easy travel and many other items.