What is the full form of IRCTC?
The full form of IRCTC is the Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation. IRCTC is an Indian Railway subsidiary established by the Ministry of Railways to manage Indian railway catering, online ticketing and tourism operations. IRCTC headquarters is located in New Delhi, India, so train tickets and hotel rooms can be booked online from their online platform www.irctc.co.in.
Mission and Objectives of IRCTC
Improve and advance customer support and facilitation through better industry techniques in the areas of rail catering, travel, hospitality, and tourism.
- To be a user-friendly agency.
- Create the most effective utilization of resources and increase the performance of human resources.
- Advance and merge into a very efficient catering service in the agency sector.
- Utilize public-private partnerships to develop business opportunities. Expand
- High values, business ethics principles, quality management, and cost management processes.
- It provides an online ticket payment service through Net Banking, Debit and Credit Card.
- It provides a Travel Card for frequent travellers.
- The unique facility is available for train bookings.
- Tatkal ticket booking facility available.
- It has also incorporated a flight booking facility.
- Informs ticket status checking service, and seat availability.