What is the Full form of I.T.C.?
1) The full form of I.T.C. is the Indian Tobacco Company. I.T.C. or I.T.C. Limited is a major multinational and multi-industry company of Indian origin. It is a Conglomerate, an amalgamation of two or more businesses that operate in entirely different businesses and are administered and managed by the individual business organization. I.T.C. is one of India’s largest conglomerates in the private sector, working in five separate divisions.
Headquarters of I.T.C. is located in Kolkata, West Bengal. As of May 2019, I.T.C.’s new M.D. and chairman is Sanjiv Puri. I.T.C. was established in 1910 as India Limited Imperial Tobacco Company. It was renamed into I.T.C. Limited in 1974.
I.T.C. Objectives and key values
The main goal of I.T.C.
- To advance and improve the business venture’s wealth-generating abilities in a globalizing environment and situation.
- Offer excellent and sustainable value to stakeholders.
Main values of I.T.C.
- Customer Focus
- Nation orientation
- Respect for People
I.T.C. Services in Various field
- FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods)
- Information Technology
- Packaging and Paperboards
Brands and Products of I.T.C.
- Printing and packaging – I.T.C. Limited provides domestic and export packaging and printing facilities.
- Safety matches and agarbattis – Agarabatti brand is Mangal deep and safety matches brand is A.I.M. and ship.
- Personal care products– That includes hair care, body care (Engage, Superia, Vivel, etc.) and Perfumes.
- Foods – which includes various brands are Aashirwaad, Sunfeast, candyman, yippee, Bingo, and so on. The I.T.C. works in four classes of the food sector, which are Snack foods, Ready to eat meals, Staples and Confectionary foods.
- Apparel Lifestyle – Which includes Wills Lifestyle, brands of John Payers, and so on.
- Info Technology – I.T.C. limited Operates as I.T.C. InfoTech India Limited that is an SEI CMM 5th level organization.
2) Another full form of I.T.C. is Independent Telephone Company. I.T.C. was a telephone company in the U.S.A. and Canada that provides local services. This corporation usually worked in rural regions, with lesser occupied areas, and it was not the Bell System section, a company system that contributed to the Bell Telephone Company. I.T.C. supported by the G.C.B. (Genuine Cable Group) providing premium services to rural areas.
3) Another full form of I.T.C. is International Trade Center. The World Trade Organization (W.T.O.) was formed in 1964. Its headquarters are in Geneva, Switzerland. It was developed to offer W.T.O. Trade, along with technical assistance. I.T.C. is the only unified organization actively promoting the development of S.M.E.s (Small and medium enterprises).