What is the Full form of KPO?
The full form of KPO is Knowledge process outsourcing. KPO defines the outsourcing of core business operations related to information that is competitively relevant or that form an essential part of the value chain of a corporation. KPO requires advanced technological & analytical skills and a high standard of professional experience.
The main reason behind KPO includes an increase in technical knowledge and skills, added value production, cost-saving opportunities and a lack of skilled labour. The territories that are especially prevalent in outsourcing the information process involve India, Eastern Europe & Sri Lanka notably Romania, Poland and the Baltic States. KPO is a continuation of the outsourcing of business processes, but with much greater complexity of the industry.
KPO facilities cover all ways of analysis and collecting information, examples
- IPR (intellectual property research) for patent applications
- Equity research, business & market analysis
- Legal &medical services
- Training, consulting and R&D (research and development) in areas such as biotechnology & pharmaceuticals and design & animation, etc.
Advantages of KPO
- Reduced cost
- Shortage of eligible workers
- Offers most graduates at quite minimal prices
- KPO helps to minimize unemployment and support their economy, and high-end services are delivered at a reduced cost
- Offer flexibility to time management skill and HRM.
Limitations of KPO
- Safety- labelled business details can be lost
- The employee ‘s integrity and the quality of his work can not be guaranteed
- KPO is time-consuming, so fail to offer the client requiring instant results with a rapid fix.
- Lack of coordination among partners may lead to complications due to language, legal, l& cultural barriers.
- Personnel and work quality can’t be ensured
- Skilled Employee shortfall
- Interaction decrease because of the language gap
- Lack of ability to defend the intellectual property of the organization.