What is the full form of LG?
1) The full form of LG is Lieutenant Governor. In India, LG is in charge of a Union Territory (U.T). However, the rank of Lieutenant Governor is only available in the 3 U.T of India, i.e. the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Delhi and Puducherry. Under the Union Territory, LG has the same responsibilities and powers in the state as a governor has, and at the union level, the President has in India.
The LGs are chosen for a 5-year duration by the President, such as the governors of states in India. His term can be either suspended by the President of India or resigned from the role.
The 20th and present office is in Raj Niwas, Delhi.
Eligibility criteria to become Lieutenant Governor
The set of eligibility requirements to be met to become a LG are given below.
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen
- Candidate should be at least 35 years old
- Shouldn’t be a part of parliament house or state legislature house
- Should not keep other profitable offices.
2) Another full form of LG is Lucky Goldstar. LG is a multinational conglomerate company providing a wide range of electronic, telecommunications, and chemical products. It is based in South Korea, and its headquarter is located in Yeouido, Seoul, South Korea.
History of LG
- In 1958 Koo In-Hwoii founded LG as Goldstar. It was the first organization that came into Korea’s plastics market.
- Goldstar produced the first Korean radio in 1960.
- Goldstar joined forces with Lucky Chemical in 1995 and has been changed its name Lucky Goldstar (LG).
- After the union, it bought Zenith, a US-based television maker, in 1995, and changed its name to LG Electronics.
- The company produced the world’s first 60 inch plasma Television in 1998.
- It created a manufacturing line for CDMA handsets in China in 2002.
- It appeared to be the leading maker of CDMA cell phones in 2003.
- It presented to the world the first 55 inch LCD Television and 71inch plasma Television in 2004.
- The company found out to be the world’s fourth-largest cell phone distributor in 2005.
List of LG company business
The corporation has several subsidiaries, including LG Display, LGElectronics, LG Chem and LG Telecom operating worldwide in more than 80 countries. The business of LG corporation is divided into 5 sections, which are
- Home Entertainment
- Vehicle Components.
- Home Appliance
- Mobile Communications
- Air Conditioning and Energy Solution.