What is the full form of MCB?
The full form of MCB is Miniature Circuit Breaker . It is a kind of electronic switch that functions automatically. It can detect a problem occurring inside a circuit by identifying the extreme amount of current flow in the circles. If there is a large amount of power available in the loop, it can break the loop any moment. The fuses are often used as a substitute for the MCBs. However, the MCBs are a better choice, because it needs to be reset by users and it starts working again. It is designed to protect against faults caused by overheating.
Functions of MCB
- MCB is created to safeguard from defects in excessive current and overheating.
- When the current crosses the defined limit, MCB automatically switches off and the loop breaks.
- The circuit MCB has to be manually switched on to reactivate
- If the circuit overheats MCB trips within 2sec -2 minutes.
Advantages of MCB
- Up to 100Amps of MCB are used in motor feeders.
- MCB management is much easier for both electrical devices and humans compared to fuse.
- In MCB, the faulty wire goes from the original location, which makes the identification of faults much smoother.
- Using a knob, it offers a better interface.
- MCB can be reused, and thus it is cheaper than the fuse.
- MCB is much more sensitive to current.
- Users need to press the button to restart it.