What is the full form of MS?
1) The full form of MS is Master of Surgery . MS is a PG course in the Surgical field. Those who have graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine degree may qualify for this postgraduate degree. MS is for some areas where it requires more surgical skills and expertise. There are different categories where a doctor with an MBBS degree can undertake MS
The MS degree course offers some academic area and surgery is
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Neurosurgery and many more.
Career after Master of Surgery
After MS graduation, one might begin his practice, can apply for a job in a private organization or govt health sector, can join a medical college as academic staff. An individual becomes a surgeon who finishes MS.
List of top institutes for MS study
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) – New Delhi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) – Pondicherry
- Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGI) – Lucknow
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research(PGI) – Chandigarh.
2) Another full form of MS is a Master of Science . MS is a degree program offered by universities in many countries such as the United Kingdom, the United States, Australia, Canada, etc. A significant number of Indian Universities have courses in MS education.
Master of Science eligibility criteria
The MS course is offered in two main fields.
- Engineering and
The period of which can vary from 1.5 to 3 years in full-time mode. A minimum of 50-60 per cent is required in the qualifying examination at the UG level, including a clear GATE score for enrollment to the MS course.
- Science field
- Students must have accomplished a BTech or BE or MSc course with an aggregate of 50-60 per cent.
- A good GATE score is a significant factor in getting admitted to an MS degree course.
- Besides GATE, you can also qualify CSIR or UGC NET or NBHM examinations.
- Unless applicants do not have any of these credentials, they must earn 80 per cent marks from any IIT colleges in the B.Tech course.
- Management field
- Students must have completed a Master of MBA or Arts with CAT or MAT or XAT or GATE or UGC or CSIR or ATMA or CSIR or GMAT or GRE.
- The applicant does not have any of these qualifications then a minimum of three years of lieu managerial experience is required to apply for an MS degree.
Below are some of the common choice of courses for MS graduates
- Master of Science in Information Systems
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Administration
- Master of Science in Corporate Communication
- Master of Science in Project Management
- Master of Science in Economics
- Master of Science in Engineering
- Master of Science in Finance
Career opportunity for Master of Science graduates
- Junior Research Fellow
- Chemical Analyst
- Food and Drug Inspector
- Research Scientist.
3) Another full form of MS is Microsoft. MS is an American multinational corporation that has branches in different countries across the globe, including India. Bill Gates and Paul Allen founded it in 1975. Microsoft is famous, in industries such as software development, corporate, video games, capital venture, social networking sites, cloud computing, electronics, computer hardware etc. Its head office is in Redmond