What is the Full form of NEET?
The full form of NEET is National Entrance cum Eligibility Test. NEET is an entrance test for many medical courses such as BDS, MBBS and Post Graduation in both government and private medical colleges. The NTA (National Testing Agency) the governing agency for NEET UG Exam conducts it in different parts of India every year. This objective question-based entrance test (MCQ) is carried out in an offline mode, with almost 11-13 lakhs applying annually.
Eligibility Criteria For NEET
- Candidate should be a citizen of India, if the candidate is not a resident of India, then he or she should be an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Non-Resident Indians(NRIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs).
- For candidates from all categories, the minimum age limit is 17 years.
- For students in the general group, the overall age limit is 25 years.
- For reserved group students, the overall age limit is 30 years.
Required Qualification To Attend NEET Test
- Students must have passed the Class 12 board examination or a similar examination from a recognized board or university with at least five compulsory subjects such as physics, chemistry, biology, English and an elective subject.
- In qualifying exams, candidates must obtain the required aggregate marks. For general category, aggregate marks are 50% and for physically disabled general category candidates aggregate marks is 45%. For SC or ST or OBC category candidates must obtain 40% marks and physically handicapped SC or ST or OBC category candidates must have 40% marks.
NEET Question Papers
The National Testing Agency will provide the code-wise question paper in the course of the offline entry test. NEET will publish question papers in national languages and nine regional languages. Applicants will be asked to pick their preferred language for the question paper while filling out the application form. List of the language in which NEET question papers are available is listed below.