What is the full form of the NET?
The full form of NET is National Eligibility Test. For postgraduates who want to get a PhD or would like to pursue their career as a teacher in India, NET is a mainly conducted nationwide entry examination. UGC NET or NTA-UGC-NET are remembered. It is an exam conducted to determine the credential for the rank of JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) and Assistant Professor of Indian universities and colleges.
The minimum requirement for technical and research teaching is NET. The above test is carried out in several subjects, that is Computer science & engineering, social science, computer application, forensic science, political science, history, sociology, home science, anthropology, law, education, and many more. Subjects of literature such as English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Rajasthani, Gujarati, Marathi, French, Spanish, Japanese, and so on.
Few points about NET
- NET is carried out by the UGC (University Grants Commission). UGC undertakes this exam across India.
- The test was performed for the first time in 1989 and has been performed twice a year since then.
- UGC CSIR NET conducts the study of science subjects. It is the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research.
- The CBSE carried out the UGC NET examination until July 2018, but the NTA (National Testing Agency) is undertaking the UGC National Eligibility Test from December 2018 onwards.
- The primary objective of this test is to classify students for lectureships at the university level as well as for the Junior Research Fellowship.