What is the full form of PCC?
The full form of PCC is the Police Clearance Certificate. PCCs are usually issued to Indian Passport holders while applying for residential status, long-term visas, immigration, or for work abroad. It is a legal certificate issued by a government body or police department to confirm that the applicant does not have a criminal record.
Those who go overseas for tourism are not expected to get this certificate. One should start the process as soon as possible since it takes about a week to get a Police Clearance Certificate.
The requirement to receive the PCC is that the individual should have a
- Address proof
- Indian passport
- The applicant’s present address must be the same as that given in the passport and other documentary evidence.
Process for applying PCC in India
In India, there are many ways to receive the PCC, one route being Online Form Submission. The necessary steps in this process are,
- Sign up via the Passport Seva Online Portal. Click on the “Register Now” link on Home Page.
- Use the Login Id provided in the previous step to log in to the Passport Seva Online Portal.
- Press on the “Apply for PCC” button.
- Fill out and submit the necessary information.
- You now have to pay online to get the appointment. Then press the “Print Application Receipt” button to print a receipt comprising the ARN (Application Reference Number) or Appointment Number.
- Visit the stated PSK (Passport Seva Kendra ) or RPO (Regional Passport Office) along with your relevant original documents.