What is the full form of PGDM?
The full form of PGDM is Post Graduate Diploma in Management. PGDM is a full-time two-year course offered by several universities & institutes in India. This course can be divided into four or six sem depending on the curriculum of the different universities & institutes. Institutes operating PGDM training are approved under the HRD Ministry, Government of India, by the AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education).
PGDM ‘s course structure & subjects almost resemble the MBA (Masters of Business Administration) course. The only difference among them is that PGDM is a Postgraduate Diploma Course, whereas MBA offers a degree.
Eligibility criteria for PGDM course
The following are the eligibility requirements for the PGDM course that the applicants should satisfy,
- An applicant must be a graduate from a prestigious college or university.
- Applicants should have graduation scores of at least 50 per cent.
- Applicants who received marks of less than 50 per cent would have appeared for a series of entry tests to get a seat in their preferred university.
List of subjects in PGDM course
The list consists of some of the most common subjects in PGDM courses across the Indian institutes. During their last semester, PGDM students can choose a topic for specialization according to their interest.
- Human resources
- IT (Information Technology)
- Operations management
- Supply Chain Management, etc.
List of top Institutes offering PGDM course in India
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata
- Xavier’s Labour Relation Institute, Jamshedpur
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Management Development Institute, Gurugram
- Faculty of Management Studies, New Delhi
- International Management Institute, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- International Management Studies, Kolkata.