What is the full form of PO?
1) The full form of PO is the Probationary Officer. It is an entry-level position post provided at Indian Banks to new members. The position is known as Probationary Officer and for a specific duration of probation, the newly appointed freshers in this position are served.
The trainee must perform the work provided by the seniors during the probation period and must work in various areas of the bank department, such as processing of cheque, opening accounts, foreign exchange, credit rating, loans, treasury, and so on.
Eligibility criteria to become PO
- An applicant who wishes to apply for a Bank PO must graduate from a recognized board.
- For the candidates applying for this entrance exam, there is an age restriction, and there is some caste wise age relaxation.
- For instance, OBC applicants are relaxed for three years of age and SC / ST students are relaxed for five years of age.
2) Another full form of PO is the Post Office. The post office is part of the national scheme of postal services. It offers customer care facilities such as mail-related services, i.e. packages of letters, and so on. It also provides postal, packaging & stationery postal stamps. Several post offices provide additional facilities, such as the provision and acceptance of government forms, the delivery of government services, fees & banking services. A postmaster is the chief administrator of a post office.