What is the full form of SENSEX?
The full form of SENSEX is Stock Exchange Sensitive Index. SENSEX is the oldest stock exchange in India and is also termed as BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange). It is a free float, economy-weighted index of 30 financially sound and very well-established organizations listed on BSE. These firms are also branded as Blue chip companies in India. The 30 constituent corporations that are among the most successful and highest traded stocks are representatives of various industries in India.
Corporate list Mentioned in SENSEX
It may be based on the weighted index of thirty firms. These thirty enterprises are selected depending on criteria such as entire economic well-being and efficiency. The titles of the 30 companies that include are as follows,
- Tata Steel Limited
- Wipro Limited
- Tata Motors Limited
- State Bank of India
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industry Limited
- Tata Motors- DVR Ordinary
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited
- Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited
- Mahindra and Mahindra Limited
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- Larsen and Toubro Limited
- Reliance Industries Limited
- NTPC Limited
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
- ITC Limited
- Infosys Limited
- ICICI Bank Limited
- HDFC Bank Limited
- Hindustan Unilever Limited
- Hero MotorCorp Limited
- Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited
- Asian Paints Limited
- Bajaj Auto Limited
- Axis Bank Limited
- Bharti Airtel Limited
- Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Limited
- Coal India Limited
- Reddys Laboratories Limited.
Advantages of SENSEX
The benefits of SENSEX are
- SENSEX offers greater visibility and enhances a company’s reputation. It raises the market for the company’s shares and also leverages the same valuation.
- It further strengthens the company’s reputation because it includes the top-performing firms that are a matter of distinction to themselves.
- It enables an enterprise to raise their share capital.
- SENSEX provides growth opportunities, such as mergers, expansions and acquisitions.
- It provides numerous other benefits as well, such as scope for workers efficiency in risk distribution & incentives.