What is the full form of SHO?
The full form of SHO is a Station House Officer. SHO is the head or individual in charge of the locality police station. He supervises the police station ‘s activities and is responsible for maintaining law and order in his region. He is ranked above the SI (Sub Inspector) but below the DSP (Deputy Police Superintendent). His emblem for the division is three stars on his shoulder strap and a striped ribbon of blue and red. A group of Constables, Head Constables and SI work under him.
Duties of SHO
- The law allows a Station House Officer to perform criminal investigations in India and attend court on behalf of the police station.
- Becoming a part of the Indian Police is regarded as one of India’s most respected statuses.
- He oversees the activities of the police station and is responsible for the preservation of law and order in his area.
- SI Exams are administered by the central or state government to allocate vacant Sub Inspector posts.
- Each year thousands of candidates make a fantasy of becoming a Sub-Police Inspector.