What is the full form of XAT?
The full form of XAT is Xavier Aptitude Test. National-level management entrance examination carried out by XLRI(Xavier School of Management), Jamshedpur for enrollment to management programs at XLRI and 148 other involved XAT institutes throughout the nation. For over 60 years, XLRI has been conducting admission tests in India to pick the most appropriate applicants for management education. Every year roughly 90,000 candidates appear for the XAT exam. And the exam is carried out in online mode.
Eligibility Criteria for XAT Examination
XAT is an MBA or PGDM admission test in XLRI and other top MBA colleges, including IMT Ghaziabad, SPJIMR Mumbai, TAPMI Manipal, XIMB Bhubaneswar, and 150 other top Indian MBA colleges.
- One has to get a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or board in any discipline.
- The graduation duration should be at least three years.
- If you are a final year graduation student, one can apply for the test as well.
- Under XAT eligibility requirements, XLRI has not recommended any age restriction to register for the examination.
XAT Examination pattern
The XAT exam has four parts which include multiple-choice questions and the duration of examination is 180 minutes.
- Verbal (VR) and Logical Reasoning(LR),
- Decision Making (DM)
- Data Interpretation(DI) and Quantitative Ability (QA)
- General Knowledge (GK)
There is no time limit for each section, but access to the on-screen calculator will not be granted to the applicants.
Marking method in XAT test
- Each question carries one mark. Therefore one score is credited for each correct answer and 0.25 marks are deducted for each wrong answer.
- For each question, unattended queries greater than eight will also result in 0.05 scores of negative scoring.
Top management colleges
- S. P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
- IMT, Ghaziabad
- IRMA, Anand
- XLRI, Jamshedpur
- IFMR, Chennai
- Welingkar, Mumbai
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- XIM-B, Bhubaneshwar
- LIBA, Chennai
- TAPMI, Manipal