Everything You Need To Know About GATE Eligibility Criteria 2022
Are you planning for the post-graduate program through the GATE? No wonder, it is a great idea to move with. However, candidates are suggested to unfold some important information about GATE eligibility criteria 2022 before starting the application process.
Students must ensure that they meet all the eligibility criteria of GATE 2022. Moreover, you need to note that the GATE eligibility criteria will vary according to the different disciplines.
General GATE Eligibility Criteria 2022
GATE eligibility criteria factors 2022 will be published by the IIT Kharagpur. The eligibility criteria of GATE 2022 include a list of parameters such as academic qualification, nationality, and more. Scroll down to uncover those parameters in detail.
- The minimum qualification expected for applicants is 10+2+3 i.e. students who are in the third year, higher or already completed their undergraduate course can also register for the GATE entrance test.
- Earlier, applicants were permitted to apply for only one subject or discipline. But, from last year onwards, students can go for two papers from the guided form of combinations.
- There is one good news for all the GATE aspirants that there is no minimum or maximum age limit for enrolling in the GATE Exam.
- Graduated students in Engineering/ Technology/ Arts/ Commerce or PG in relevant disciplines are also counted as eligible applicants.
- Any candidate who has already completed any government approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible for appearing in the GATE 2022 exam.
- There is no attempt limit, candidates have to meet eligibility criteria, and that’s it.
- However, the candidates who possess certification from any of the professional societies must ensure that those examinations conducted by the societies are approved by MoE/AICTE/UGC/UPSC as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch. / B.Planning, etc.
- Candidates who have obtained/are pursuing their qualifying degree from countries other than India: Must be currently in the 3rd or higher years or completed their Bachelor’s degree (duration: at least 3 years) in Engineering / Technology / Science / Arts / Commerce.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2022:
|2. Education Qualification||
|3. Age Limit||
GATE Eligibility Criteria By Qualifying Degree:
|Degree/Program||Qualifying Degree/Examination||Description of Eligible Candidates||Expected Year of Completion|
|B.E. / B.Tech. / B. Pharm.||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc. / Diploma in Engineering / Technology)||Currently, in the 3rd year or higher or already completed||2023|
|B. Arch.||Bachelor’s degree of Architecture (5- year course) / Naval Architecture (4- year course) / Planning (4- year course)||Currently, in the 3rd year or higher or already completed||2024 (for 5-year program), 2023 (for 4-year program)|
|B.Sc. (Research) / B.S.||Bachelor’s degree in Science (Post-Diploma/4 years after 10+2)||Currently, in the 3rd year or higher or already completed||2023|
|Pharm. D. (after 10+2)||6 years degree program, consisting of internship or residency training, during third year onwards||Currently in the 3rd/4th/5th/6th year or already completed||2025|
|M.B.B.S./B.D.S.||Degree holders of M.B.B.S./B.D.S. and those who are in the 5th/6th/7th semester or higher semester of such programme.||5th, 6th, 7th or higher semester or already completed||2023|
|M. Sc. / M.A. / MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Arts/Science/Mathematics/Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent||Currently, in the first year or higher or already Completed||2023|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.)||Post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (4-year program)||Currently, in any year||any year|
|Int. M.E./ M.Tech./M.Pharm or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology (5-year program)||Currently, in the 3rd /4th/5th year or already completed||2024|
|B.Sc. / B.A. / B.Com.||Bachelor degree in any branch of Science / Arts / Commerce (3 year program)||Currently, in the 3rd year or already completed||2022|
|Int. M.Sc. / Int. B.S. / M.S.||Integrated M.Sc. or 5-year integrated B.S.-M.S. program||Currently, in the 3rd year or higher or already completed||2023|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. / B.Arch.)||B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MoE/UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on)||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses||NA|
GATE Eligibility Criteria 2022 For International Students
- Candidates belonging to international countries like Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Singapore, Ethiopia, and United Arab Emirates (UAE) can also appear for GATE 2022.
- Candidates must be a graduate or in the final year or the third year of their bachelor’s degree in engineering and technology.
- Students must have completed or in the final year or the pre-final year of their PG degree in any relevant science subjects.
- Note: If an applicant is proceeding with any higher degree course or already has one, then they have to select the minimum required qualifying option to fill the registration form of GATE 2022.
Certificate Required to Support GATE Eligibility Criteria 2022
Applicants applying for GATE will be asked to upload some documents to verify the eligibility criteria of GATE 2022. Mentioned below are some documents to be uploaded by candidates:
- Graduated applicants will be required to submit the degree certificate/provisional degree as issued by the entitled authorities.
- If a candidate is in the final year, then he/she has to upload their Provisional Certificate issued by the Head of the Institute/Dean/Registrar/Head of Department. They can also submit a copy of the mark sheet for Section A of AMIE, etc.
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) section applicants will be asked to upload a PwD certificate allotted by a recognized authority.
Frequently Asked Questions on GATE Eligibility Criteria
I am a B.Tech graduate in computer science and pursuing M.Tech. Can I apply for GATE 2022?
Yes, you can proceed with the GATE exam 2022. Make sure you upload your degree certificate while filling the application form.
I am in my 3rd year of computer science B.E. program. May I apply for GATE?
Yes, any applicant studying in the 3rd or higher years of any UG degree is eligible for the GATE 2022 examination.
Are MCA candidates eligible for the GATE exam?
Yes, second and third year MCA students are eligible for GATE.
How many attempts are there for GATE?
There is no limitation on the number of GATE attempts. One can enroll and appear for the exam as many times as one wants.
Is there any age limit for GATE?
There is no age limit for GATE.
Is the GATE exam useful for jobs?
Yes, when it comes to getting a job in PSU, the GATE score card is useful.
Can a student register in GATE with two subjects?
Yes. Now candidates can appear for two GATE papers or disciplines as per the combination to be provided on the website.
Can a candidate appear in GATE in the 3rd year?
Yes. The third year, final year and graduated students are eligible for GATE.
Can backlog students give GATE?
Yes, backlog candidates also can apply for the GATE exam if they are in their final year. But, they should clear all the backlogs before getting admission to any college.
Do HSC (12th class) marks matter in GATE?
NO! In GATE, it doesn’t matter how much a student has scored in HSC. However, scoring well in the 10th and 12th Board is always a plus.