What Is The Full Form Of WAN?
The Full Form Of WAN is Wide Area Network.
WAN is a wide area network that covers a large geographic area consisting of two or more LANs or MANs. Or simply, we can say that a WAN is a group of local-area networks (LANs) or other networks that communicate with one another. This network is widely used to aid communication, the sharing of information, and more between devices.
The first WAN was designed by the U.S. Air Force in the late 1950s.
Advantages of WAN
- WAN facilitates a centralized data process. That means all workstations can share the data through the main server.
- In WAN, the process of data transfer is quick and affordable because it covers a large geographical area.
- It divides the workload and drops travel charges.
- WAN enables a user or workstation to unite with the world and allows them to transfer data and do business at a global level.
Disadvantages of WAN
- Wide Area Networks can face traffic blockage.
- When it comes to security aspects, WAN is less secure as compared to the LAN and MAN.
- WAN has very low fault tolerance ability.
- The setup cost in WAN is high.
- In WAN, you might feel the server issue.
- The data transfer rate is slower than LAN.