Candidates should fulfil the GUJCET eligibility criteria to appear for the exam. Candidates’ eligibility for GUJCET is based on factors like nationality, qualification, qualifying marks, age limit, state of domicile and subjects in the qualifying exam.
Gujarat Common Entrance Exam (GUJCET) conducted on 24th, August 2020.
GUJCET Eligibility Criteria 2020
It is mandatory that candidates should hold Indian citizenship.
2) Domicile Requirement:
- Candidates should have a Gujarat domicile. Residents outside the state, having a Gujarat domicile are also eligible.
- Candidates who have completed Class 12 in Gujarat board are eligible.
- Candidates who have studied in CBSE/ ISC board schools located in Gujarat State are eligible.
- Candidates who have studied Class 12 from schools located in Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu are also eligible, if the parents are of Gujarat origin.
3) Age Limit:
The lower age limit of the candidate is 17 years.
GUJCET Eligibility Criteria 2020: To appear for Paper 1 and Paper 2 (Engineering course), candidates should have passed or will be appearing in Class 12 examination with the following subjects:
- Mathematics and Physics (compulsory subjects).
- Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology/ Computer Application/ Computer Science (any one subject from the list as compulsory subject).
Candidates should have passed or will be appearing in Class 12 examination with the following subjects:
- Physics and Chemistry (compulsory subjects)
- Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Computer Application (any one subject from the list as compulsory subject)
5) Qualifying marks:
The minimum qualifying marks is 45% for general category and 40% for reserved category.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am a resident of Maharashtra, am I eligible to write GUJCET?
No, candidates who have studied in Gujarat or who have a domicile certificate of Gujarat are eligible to write GUJCET.
Candidates who have studied Class 12 from schools located in Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu are also eligible, if the parents are of Gujarat origin.
What is the lowest age limit to write GUJCET 2020?
The lowest age limit to write GUJCET is 17 years.
I have scored 44% in class 12 examination. I belong to the general category, am I eligible to write GUJCET 2020?
The pass percentage for general category students is 45%, to be eligible to write GUJCET.