Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) is a statutory body formed in 1999 under an Act of the Parliament of India. IRDAI conducts a 2 phase examination for various posts from time to time. Names of the posts and syllabus for the IRDA exam are given under different headings below. IRDAI recruits candidates through open competition all over India for the following posts.
- Assistant Manager
- Manager (Grade B)
- Assistant General Manager (Grade C)
- Deputy General Manager (Grade D)
- General Manager (Grade E)
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) last conducted the examination for the post of Assistant Manager in 2017. Similarly, vacancies for the posts of Manager, Assistant General Manager, Deputy General Manager and General Manager were last notified in 2018. Any candidate who has completed his/degree from a recognised University (or its equivalent) can apply for the post of Assistant Manager. However, minimum work experience as stated in the official notification is mandatory for other posts.
All updates related to the upcoming IRDA exam syllabus will be made available on this page.
IRDA Exam Syllabus for Assistant Manager Post 2023
The IRDA exam for Assistant Manager posts is conducted in three phases including an interview. Phase-1 is a screening test and candidates who clear phase 1 are eligible for Phase-2 of the IRDA examination.
IRDA Syllabus for Phase-1 Online Preliminary Exam 2023
Phase-I exam for IRDA is an online examination, which is of objective type. It comprises 4 sections namely, reasoning, English language, general awareness and quantitative aptitude. IRDA does not mention any specific topics for each section/test in its notification (dated 2017). Candidates planning to appear for the IRDA examination for the post of Assistant Manager can refer to Insurance Exams and IRDA Mock Tests to prepare for phase-1. More details on the number of questions, time and marks are given in the table below.
IRDA Phase-1 Exam for the Post of Assistant Manager
|S. No.||Name of Sections/Tests||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1||Test of Reasoning||40||40||Composite time of 90 minutes|
|2||Test of English Language||40||40|
|3||Test of General Awareness||40||40|
|4||Test of Quantitative Aptitude||40||40|
Points to Remember
- A candidate has to clear the sectional as well as the total cut-off marks in phase-1.
- IRDAI may decide separate cut-offs marks for each of the specialisations and general posts.
- Tests will be conducted in English and Hindi (except for test of English Language).
IRDA Syllabus for Phase-2 Descriptive Examination 2023
Phase-2 of the IRDA exam for the post of Assistant Manager comprises 3 papers, namely, English, economic & social issues impacting insurance and insurance & management. All the 3 papers are of descriptive type. Questions will be displayed on the computer and candidates should answer it on paper. More details on the number of questions, time and marks are given in the table below.
IRDA Phase-2 Exam for the Post of Assistant Manager
|S. No.||Name of Paper||Marks||Time (Minutes)|
|2||Paper-II: Economic and Social Issues impacting Insurance||100||60|
|3||Paper-III: Insurance and Management||100||60|
IRDAI has given a detailed syllabus for the phase-2 written examination. The various topics pertaining to all the three papers are given in the table below.
IRDA Exam Syllabus for Phase-2
|Paper I||English||a) Essay
b) Precis writing
c) Comprehension and Business/Office Correspondence
|Paper II||Economic and Social Issues impacting Insurance||a)
|Paper III||Insurance and Management||Part 1 – Insurance
Part 2 – Management
Points to Remember
- Candidates should remember that the syllabus given in the table above is only indicative and not exhaustive.
- The questions in Papers I and II will be of foundation level, given that candidates from different subject streams apply for the posts.
IRDA Exam Syllabus for Manager, Assistant and Deputy General Manager and General Manager Posts 2023
- For the posts of Manager, Assistant and Deputy General Manager and General Manager, candidates will be selected based on a competitive written examination (WE) and/or interview.
- IRDAI has not given a specific syllabus for any of these posts in its notification.
- The decision to conduct the written examination (WE) depends on the number of applications received in each post(s) in each grade and relative vacancies in each skill stream given in the notification (dated 2018).
- Final selection for various posts will be based on the performance of the candidates in the written examination and/or interview.
- Candidates should also fulfil the educational and professional qualifications and other eligibility criteria including work experience before applying for the aforesaid posts.