We are back with the next article of our Ray Optics series. This time we will be focusing on plane mirrors that you’ve been studying for a while.
In the coming video, we will introduce you to the concept of real and virtual images. We will also explore the properties of real and virtual images with the help of interesting examples and exercises.
Some Important Properties
Just to Summarize the subject matter for you, let us revisit these properties briefly.
1)Properties of Real Images:-
- Real images are formed by the actual intersection of light rays coming from a source
- Real images can be caught on the screen
2) Properties of virtual Images:-
- Light rays coming from a source do not actually converge in case of a virtual image but appear to be coming from a single point to the human eye.
- Virtual Images cannot be caught on the screen.
3)Properties of the image formed by the plane mirror:
- The images are virtual and erect.
- They are laterally inverted with respect to the original image.
- They are located at a distance equal to the distance of the object from the mirror.
Pretty standard, right? But do not worry. With interesting illustrations and examples, we are sure to make these topics simple and fun!! So what are you waiting for? Go enjoy the video and do not forget to comment and share it with your friends.