CBSE released a notification, the date of online submission of application form of JEE (Main) – 2017 has been extended up to January 16 (11:59 PM). The candidates may pay the fee up to January 17 (11:59 PM).
Joint Entrance Examination Main 2017, which will be conducted on April 2 by the JEE Apex Board for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programmes in NITs, IIITs and other centrally funded technical institutions (CFTIs).
The terms and conditions for online submission of application form of JEE Main will remain same. The notification has also mentioned that the last date for online submission of application form JEE Main 2017 shall not be extended any further.
The JEE Main will also be an eligibility test for the JEE Advanced, which the candidate has to take if he or she aspires to get admission to undergraduate programs offered by the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian Institute of Technology(Indian School of Mines) or ISM Dhanbad.
In another circular, the Union Ministry of Human Resource Development has notified two changes in the JEE pattern for 2017. It says:
- There shall be no weightage for 12th class marks in calculating ranks in the JEE (Main) examination.
- For candidates to qualify for admission in IIT/NIT/IIIT and CFTI, whose admissions are based on the JEE Advanced/JEE Main ranks, they should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
How To Apply
Here is the procedure for applying for the JEE Main 2017:
- Click on the link “Apply for JEE Main 2017” on the official website of JEE Main.
- Fill the details in the form
- Upload scanned images one by one in the prescribed specifications.
- Pay the JEE application fees.
- Take the printout of the confirmation page for further use.