KEAM which is an abbreviation for Kerala Engineering, Agricultural and Medical Entrance Exam is a state-level entrance exam that is conducted by the Commission of Entrance Examination (CEE). This entrance exam is held annually for candidates who are seeking admission in various courses in Engineering, Architecture and Medical that are offered at various government and private colleges in Kerala. However, with recent changes in the exam mode and NEET being considered as the main or national level entrance test, KEAM medical exam has been discarded.
For students in Kerala, KEAM is one of the most important and popular state-level entrance examinations. Most of the colleges in the state accept students on the basis of their scores in this exam.
KEAM 2022 Highlights
|Exam Name||Kerala Engineering Agricultural Medical Entrance Exam|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
KEAM 2022 Exam Date
The exam authority for KEAM has released the exam date along with the official brochure on its official website. Students can also check the details below.
|KEAM 2022 Application Form Release Date||To be Notified|
|KEAM 2022 Registration last date||To be Notified|
|Last date for submitting the KEAM application form||To be Notified|
|Date for submitting supporting documents||To be Announced|
|KEAM admit card release date||To be Notified|
|KEAM 2022 exam date||To be Notified|
|Result Availability||To be Announced|
KEAM 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are interested in appearing for KEAM should first check the eligibility criteria and comprehend if they comply with the requirements for writing the exam. Usually, the KEAM eligibility criteria lay down the basic details such as the minimum age, nationality, educational qualifications amongst others for appearing in the entrance examination. Further details are given below.
On the Basis of Age
Candidates who have completed 17 years of age, can apply for the exam. There is no relaxation in the minimum age requirement whereas there is no upper age limit to apply for KEAM 2022.
Education Qualification Requirements
In terms of educational qualification, candidates should have passed Higher Secondary Examination (HSE) Kerala or equivalent Class 12 with science subjects. Students can check course-wise eligibility criteria below:
- Candidates should have cleared their Higher Secondary Examination (HSE) Kerala or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects while Chemistry as optional (it can be substituted by Computer Science or Biotechnology or Biology as per the situation and requirement). Candidates should secure at least a minimum of 45% marks.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ SEBC/ PwD categories will get a relaxation of 5% marks.
KEAM Nationality Criteria
All Indian citizens are eligible to apply for KEAM 2022. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Card Holders are also eligible for the exam and admission to the different institutes. However, no relaxation will be granted to such category candidates though.
KEAM 2022 Application Form
CEE Kerala usually announces the dates for the KEAM application. For 2022, the exam authority made the application process an online mode. Candidates can register through the official website.
How to fill KEAM application form for 2022?
Candidates need to follow the series of steps mentioned below in order to fill out the KEAM 2022 application form:
- Visit the official KEAM website at cee.kerala.gov.in
- Click on the ‘New Registration’ tab link.
- Enter basic details like name, date of birth, mobile number, email address, etc. and then create a password. Click on the submit button.
- Once this is done candidates can view and download the KEAM 2022 application form.
- Fill in the form wherein candidates will have to enter several personal, academic and course details.
- After carefully filling out the KEAM application form, candidates will then have to make the payment of the application fee. This can be done via online (net banking/credit card/debit card) or offline modes (e-challan).
KEAM 2022 Application Fee Details
|Course||General (In INR)||SC (In INR)||ST (In INR)|
|Architecture/Medical & Allied/Both||500||200||Nil|
|Candidates having Dubai Exam Center||Application Fee + Rs. 12,000||Application Fee + Rs. 12,000||Rs. 12,000|
- After payment of the application fee, candidates will have to upload a scanned image of photograph, signature and supporting documents.
|Document||File Format||Dimension (In Pixels)||File Size|
|Signature||JPG or JPEG||150 x 100||10 kb to 30 kb|
|Left Thumb Impression||JPG or JPEG||150 x 100||10 kb to 30 kb|
|Photograph||JPG or JPEG||150 x 200||10 kb to 30 kb|
- At last, submit and print the application confirmation page for future reference.
Candidates who have made mistakes while filling out the online application form will get a chance to make corrections once the exam authority opens the correction window for a certain period of time. As such, CEE Kerala has announced that the KEAM 2022 Form Correction will be live. Thus, candidates within this stipulated time can make changes in their personal details, uploaded photographs or signatures, etc. To make changes candidates will have to log in using their application number and password on the official website. Once they finish their corrections they can re-submit their application. They can also take printouts of the same.
KEAM 2022 Admit Card
KEAM 2022 Admit Card will be available on the official website which students can download it from. The hall ticket will contain various information including the applicant’s name, roll number, exam centre and timings. Exam day instructions will also be mentioned on it. It is mandatory for each candidate to carry the KEAM admit card on the exam day. Entry will be denied into the exam hall without an admit card. Candidates should keep their admit cards safely as they will also be required to be presented during counselling and admission.
Steps to Download the KEAM Admit Card
- Visit the official website for KEAM 2022, cee.kerala.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘KEAM Admit Card 2022’ download link.
- You can log in using your application number and password
- On successful entry, your admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download KEAM 2022 admit card or take printouts.
Candidates should carefully check all the details mentioned in the admit card.
KEAM 2022 Exam Pattern
KEAM 2022 is a pen and paper (offline) based exam. It consists of two papers, which are held on different dates.
- Paper 1 usually consists of 120 questions which are set from Physics and Chemistry subjects. This section has to be attempted by Engineering, Architectural Aspirants and Pharmacy students.
- Paper 2 consists of 120 questions that are framed from the Mathematics subject. Candidates aspiring for Engineering and Architecture courses will have to write this paper.
|Mode of Examination||Offline (Pen and paper-based mode)|
|Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Objective (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|Sections||Paper I – Physics and Chemistry
Paper-II – Mathematics
|Total Number of Questions||Paper I – Physics and Chemistry (120 Questions)
Paper-II – Mathematics (120 Questions)
KEAM Marking Scheme
KEAM 2022 marking scheme is as follows-
- +4 marks are awarded for each correct answer.
- 1 mark is deducted for each incorrect answer.
- For unanswered questions on the OMR sheet, no penalty is levied.
KEAM 2022 Syllabus
The KEAM syllabus is mostly set by CEE. The syllabus is equivalent to that of the 10+2 level. However, it is not based on NCERT or any other textbook exclusively. Questions can be asked from any topic mentioned in the KEAM 2022 syllabus. Some of the important topics are as follows;
|Physics||Introduction and Measurement, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Heat and Thermodynamics, Gravitation, Mechanics of solids and fluids, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Electromagnetic induction and alternating current, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Atomic nucleus, Solids and Semiconductor devices|
|Chemistry||Basic concepts and atomic structure, bonding and molecular structure, periodic properties of elements and hydrogen, Solutions, Redox reactions and Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Hydrocarbons, Polymers and biomolecules, Environmental chemistry and Chemistry in everyday life|
|Mathematics||Algebra, Permutation and combination, Logarithms, Matrices, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, 3-Dimensional Coordinate geometry, Statistics and Probability, Theory & Application of Calculus|
KEAM 2022 Answer Key
KEAM 2022 answer key is released by the exam authorities on the official website after the conclusion of the exam. Candidates can visit the official website for downloading the answer key PDF. With the answer key candidates will be able to check and compare their answers and at the same time estimate their probable score for the exam.
Candidates can also challenge the KEAM Answer Key 2022 if they are not satisfied with the answer. Candidates will need to pay INR 100 for each answer that they wish to challenge. After analyzing the challenges by an expert panel and making corrections if any the authorities will release the modified list again on the official website before announcing the results
In order to challenge the answer key candidates can follow the detailed process given below:
- Visit the official website.
- Log in using your credentials.
- Click the link for KEAM Answer Key.
- Select the paper for raising your objection.
- Click on ‘Raise Objection’
- Submit relevant documents.
- Pay the objection fee.
KEAM 2022 Results
After successfully conducting the exam the authorities will then release the KEAM 2022 result on their official website. To view the results, candidates will need to input their application number, password, and access code.
The result will be in the form of a scorecard. The scores secured by the candidate will be mentioned on it.
Additionally, the authorities will also release the KEAM rank list along with the scorecard. The rank list is mostly prepared by giving equal weightage to the marks obtained in Paper 1 and Paper 2. The marks are put together for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Computer Science/ Biology.
KEAM 2022 Cut Off
The KEAM 2022 cutoff will be released on the official website. Usually, the cutoff will consist of the opening and closing ranks of the participating colleges that are accepting KEAM scores. Candidates will have to secure a minimum score that falls under the exam cut offset by the authorities. Only such aspirants will be allowed to participate in the counselling process.
Only those candidates who make it to the rank list or merit list will be allowed to participate in the KEAM counselling process. During the KEAM counselling process, the candidates’ documents will be verified. If everything checks out, candidates will then be allotted seats based on their preferences and the availability of the same.
KEAM 2022 Seat Allotment
KEAM 2022 seat allotment will supposedly be conducted in an online mode. Seats are allotted mainly through the Centralized Admission Process (CAP). The candidate’s score in the entrance examination will be taken into consideration and the exam authorities will release a merit list consisting of the names of qualified candidates. These candidates will only be able to participate in the seat allotment process. An allotment memo is created for the selected candidates.
CEE Kerala will subsequently release lists of allotted seats till all the seats are occupied.
KEAM 2022 Exam Day Guidelines
Since there have been many disruptions in the conduction of exams across the country due to Covid-19 pandemic aspirants looking forward to appearing for KEAM 2022 should go through the below-given exam day guidelines to avoid any confusion and last-minute hassles.
- Candidates must always remember to carry their admit cards to the exam centre. Without a valid KEAM admit card candidates will not be allowed to enter the hall and write the exam.
- Original photo ID proof for verification should be carried along with the admit card. ID proofs such as PAN cards, Aadhaar cards, voter ID cards, passports, etc can be taken.
- Candidates can carry a ballpoint pen and a cardboard/clipboard.
- Items such as calculators, electronic watches, slide rules, log tables, mobile phones, tablets are not allowed.
Courses Offered through KEAM 2022
- Engineering Courses: B. Tech. [including B. Tech. (Agri. Engg.) & B. Tech. (Food Tech.) Courses under the Kerala Agricultural University, B. Tech. (Dairy Technology) & B. Tech. (Food Technology) courses under the Kerala Veterinary & Animal Sciences University, B. Tech. (Food Technology) course under the Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies]
- Architecture Course – B.Arch.
KEAM 2022 Participating Institutes
As per reports and shared data, there are close to 180 participating institutes for KEAM 2022 in the state of Kerala. Reports state that there are about 3 aided colleges, 25 self-financing colleges, 9 government colleges and almost 133 private colleges that accept KEAM scores.