Note: KVPY exam has been terminated from the year 2022. DST has decided to subsume KVPY with INSPIRE. KVPY Aptitude test will not be conducted from the year 2022 onwards. Ongoing KVPY fellows will continue to receive fellowship as per norms from DST.
For more information, please visit the official website: kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) exam pattern includes the number of sections in each question paper and the marks allotted for each question. Here we have listed down all the important points related to the KVPY exam pattern. Students can check the details and get an idea of how the exam paper will be set. However, there are no significant changes in the exam pattern this year.
KVPY 2021 Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern for SA stream
- The examination for the SA stream includes subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- The examination is conducted for 3 hours.
- The test is conducted in two parts. The number of questions in part 1 of all the subjects is 60 and part 2 includes 20 questions. It is mandatory to attempt all questions in all the subjects.
- The questions are given in English and Hindi.
- There are negative marks given for every wrong answer.
In part 1, every correct answer is given 1 mark and for every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
In part 2, every correct answer is given 2 marks and for every wrong answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted.
- The total marks allotted for the question paper is 100 with a total of 25 marks for each subject.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Part I||Part II|
|Physics||15||5||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|Chemistry||15||5||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|Mathematics||15||5||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|Biology||15||5||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
Exam Pattern for SB/SX stream
- The examination includes subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- The examination is conducted in 2 parts. Both parts include questions from all four subjects.
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- In part 1, candidates can answer 3 sections (20 x 3 = 60) out of four sections. One mark is allotted for every correct answer and 0.25 marks are deducted for incorrect answers.
- In part 2, they can attempt 2 sections (20 x 2 =40) out of four. Two marks are allotted for every correct answer and 0.5 marks are deducted for incorrect answers.
- Candidates must attempt 80 questions in total.
- The total mark allotted for the question paper is 100.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Part I||Part II|
|Physics||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
|Chemistry||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
|Mathematics||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
|Biology||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
KVPY Exam Pattern 2021-22- Key points
|Exam Date and Shift||The KVPY 2021-22 test will be held on 22-May-2022, with the SA stream exam lasting from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and the SB/SX stream exam spanning from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.|
|Exam Medium||The KVPY Aptitude question paper will be available in both English and Hindi.|
|KVPY Sections||Part 1 and Part 2 of the KVPY exam paper are separated into two segments. Parts I and II each include four sections. These components apply to all three streams. Physics, chemistry, mathematics, and biology are the four areas of the question paper.|
|Total Number of Questions||Part I of stream SA has 60 questions, including 15 questions from each area. Part II consists of 20 questions, five from each category. The first part of stream SB/SX has 80 questions, 20 from each area. Part II, on the other hand, contains 40 questions, with 10 questions from each component.|
|Question Type||The paper will only contain multiple choice questions (MCQs). It is mandatory to attempt all questions in stream SA. For stream SB/SX, try any three parts from Part I and any two sections from Part II.|
|Total Marks||The total number of marks on the question papers for the streams SA, SB, and SX is 100. In Part I, each question is worth one mark, with 0.25 points deducted for each wrong response. Part II, on the other hand, provides two points for each accurate response and 0.5 points for each wrong answer.|
|Exam Duration||The KVPY Aptitude Test takes 3 hours to complete (for all three streams).|