Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a scholarship program conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. The KVPY aptitude test is conducted in three streams – SA stream, SB stream and SX stream. The exam pattern includes the number of sections in each question paper and the marks allotted for each question.
KVPY 2020 Exam Pattern
Exam Pattern for SA stream
- The examination for the SA stream includes subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics.
- The examination is conducted for 3 hours.
- The test is conducted in two parts. The number of questions in part 1 of all the subjects is 60 and part 2 includes 20 questions. It is mandatory to attempt all questions in all the subjects.
- The questions are given in English and Hindi.
- There are negative marks given for every wrong answer.
In part 1, every correct answer is given 1 mark and for every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
In part 2, every correct answer is given 2 marks and for every wrong answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted.
- The total marks allotted for the question paper is 100 with a total of 25 marks for each subject.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Part I||Part II|
|Physics||15||5||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|Chemistry||15||5||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|Mathematics||15||5||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
|Biology||15||5||(15 x 1) + (5 x 2) = 25|
Exam Pattern for SB/SX stream
- The examination includes subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- The examination is conducted in 2 parts. Both parts include questions from all four subjects.
- Duration of the examination is 3 hours.
- In part 1, candidates can answer 3 sections (20 x 3 = 60) out of four sections. One mark is allotted for every correct answer and 0.25 marks deducted for incorrect answers.
- In part 2, they can attempt 2 sections (20 x 2 =40) out of four. Two marks are allotted for every correct answer and 0.5 marks deducted for incorrect answers.
- Candidates must attempt 80 questions in total.
- Total marks for the question paper is 100.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|Part I||Part II|
|Physics||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
|Chemistry||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
|Mathematics||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|
|Biology||20||10||(20 x 1) + (10 x 2) = 40|