Pragati Scholarship is a financial scheme that was launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India in the year 2014. Currently, the scheme is implemented by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to help and support girl students who want to pursue diploma or degree courses in technical and engineering fields.
Pragati Scholarship scheme has been launched with one main motive – to empower girl students with the right knowledge and skills that will be necessary for them to pursue a successful and prosperous career.
Close to 4000 scholarships are provided each year. Around 2000 scholarships are provided to students pursuing technical diploma courses and the other 2000 are for technical graduation students.
Pragati Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who want to apply for AICTE Pragati Scholarship scheme can check the eligibility criteria below.
- Should be an Indian citizen and residing in the country.
- Only female candidates are eligible.
- The family’s total income should not exceed more than six lakhs per annum.
- One girl in a family is allowed to apply for the scholarship. It can be extended up to two girls if the family income is less than Rs. 8 Lakhs per annum. This can be in the case of a married girl or the income of parents including in-laws whichever is higher is to be considered.
- Students admitted for Diploma/Undergraduate Degree Level Programmes/Courses in AICTE Approved Institutions.
- Applicants must be in the first year of their respective technical course.
All other relevant information about the schemes will be available at: www.aicte-india.org/schemes/students-development-schemes
How to Apply For Pragati Scholarship Scheme?
Students who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for Pragati Scholarship by following the given steps.
- Visit the website: www.aicte-pragati-saksham-gov.in
- Log in using your credentials if you have already registered.
- For new users click on the “Register here” option.
- Enter the details and click on “Register”.
- Confirmation e-mail link will be sent to the registered e-mail ID. Open your mail and confirm your registration.
- Once everything is confirmed, go back to the login page and log in using your user ID and password.
- After entering, start filling the application form by providing all the necessary details (Personal, Family and Income, Institute, Education, Bank details).
- Once all the details have been added under the tab “Attachments” attach all the necessary documents.
Documents To Be Uploaded
While applying for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship scheme, the students are requested to provide all the scanned copy of all the following documents to successfully register for the scholarship. If any of the required document is missing prior to the last date of submission, the application will be rejected.
- 10th Board or Senior School Certificate (SSC) mark sheet.
- 12th Board examination or Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) mark sheet.
- Annual Family income certificate of the previous year issued in the format prescribed by the local Tahsildar or any other higher recognised authority.
- Admission letter issued by the Centralized Admission Authority.
- Tuition fees paid receipt.
- Copy of bank account passbook connected to the applicant’s Aadhar account. The copy should contain the applicant’s account number, photograph, the signature of the manager, and IFSC code.
- Certificate provided by the head of the institution or director or HOD.
- Caste or community certificate provided by a competent authority.
- Attested scanned copy of ST/SC/OBC certificate.
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Card.
- Scanned copy of the applicant’s photograph.
- Scanned copy of the candidate’s signature.
- Duly signed declaration by parents stating that the information provided by their child is correct and will refund Scholarship amount if found false at any stage.
- All the Scanned documents should be uploaded in jpg./pdf./png. formats.
- File size of all the scanned documents should be less than 200kb.
Pragati Scholarship Selection Procedure
Those applying for Pragati Scholarship are admitted through the centralized admission process. The selection is purely based on the merit or performance of the candidate during the qualifying examination. Reservation quotas are also provided for different category students. They are as follows:
- 15% for Scheduled Caste candidates.
- 7.5% for Scheduled Tribe candidates.
- 27% for the Other Backward candidates.
Pragati Scholarship Salient Features
Students that are selected for the Pragati Scholarship scheme will receive benefits as follows.
- ₹30,000 per annum or all of the tuition fees, whichever is lesser.
- ₹2,000 per month for a total of ten months as incidentals.
- In cases of reimbursement, students can opt for this facility for expenses made for books, laptops, equipment, competitive exam fees, vehicles, certification etc.
- 50 % of scholarships are available at each Degree /Diploma level.
- It is also transferable if there is non-availability of an eligible applicant in any of the Degree/ Diploma level Programme.
1. Who is Eligible for PRAGATI Scholarship?
Ans: Eligibility criteria is as follows:
|Eligibility for PRAGATI Scheme|
|1. Up to Two Girls per family. Terms and Conditions Apply.|
|2. Family income should be less than Rs. 8 Lakhs per Annum.|
|3. Students Admitted for Diploma/Undergraduate Degree Level Programmes/Courses in AICTE Approved Institutions.|
|4. Only for the students admitted in the first year of their Degree/Diploma.|
|5. In case of Candidates availing tuition fee waiver/tuition fee reimbursement, an amount of Rs. 30,000/- maybe reimbursed to the candidates selected for this scheme for the purchase of Books/Equipment/Software’s/ Laptops/ Desktop/Vehicle/Fee paid towards competitive examination applications forms/exam fee for all examinations related to higher education/employment (Proof of purchase to be attached).|
2. Is Aadhaar Card a Mandatory Document for PRAGATI Scholarship?
Ans: Yes. Aadhaar card and Aadhaar seeded bank account in the name of the candidate are mandatory.
3. Which Web Browser should be used to open the Online Application for PRAGATI Scholarship?
Ans: Any existing web browsers may be used.
4. Do I need to upload any Scanned Documents at Portal (AICTE Website), when I apply online for PRAGATI Scholarship?
Ans: Yes, you can visit www.aicte-pragati-sakshamgov.in for details.
5. What format and size of Photograph and Signature to be uploaded in the portal through the online application?
Ans: Both photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format. The file size for the photograph is 200kb and for Signature is it is 50 Kb.
6. Is there any User Manual/Instructions available on AICTE Website to guide the candidate to Apply Online for PRAGATI Scholarship?
Ans: Instructions are usually published at www.aicte-pragati-saksham-gov.in.
7. Is there any E-mail (or) Helpline No. for PRAGATI Scholarship Queries?
Ans: Yes, candidates can avail helpline services on firstname.lastname@example.org (e-mail ID) for any queries.
8. Is it compulsory for me to apply Online?
Ans: Yes. You can apply through online medium only.
9. Whom to contact in case of any difficulties in accessing the Portal for submitting Online Application?
Ans: You can avail Helpdesk Service on email@example.com (e-mail ID) for any queries.
10. Is there any reservation for SC/ST/OBC Students? What is the percentage of Reservation for SC/ST/OBC Students?
Ans: Yes, 15%, 7.5% & 27% of scholarships will be reserved for SC, ST & OBC Students respectively.
11. I have forgotten my password. How can I reset my password?
Ans: Click on Forgot Password and enter the registered email ID. Password will be sent on the given email.
12. Whether a student admitted through Management Quota is eligible for PRAGATI Scholarship.
Ans: No. Students admitted through the Centralized Counseling Process (For Government Quota) are only eligible for Scholarship under PRAGATI Scheme.
13. Whether scholarship will be disbursed through College/Institute?
Ans: No. The scholarship will be disbursed only through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) directly in the bank account of the student. Students must have General Saving Account in the bank. (FRILL/Minor/Joint account will not be accepted).
14. I am a first-year Diploma student eligible for PRAGATI Scholarship and having Joint Saving Bank Account along with my Father. Am I eligible to use that Joint Saving Bank Account number for PRAGATI Scholarship?
Ans: No. You can’t use any Joint Savings Bank Account.
15. I am First year E/B.Tech Student from one of the leading Deemed University in India. Am I eligible to apply for PRAGATI Scholarship Scheme of AICTE?
Ans: No. Students studying in AICTE approved Institutions only are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
16. I am a recipient of one of the leading merit scholarships of State Government. Am I eligible to apply for PRAGATI Scholarship?
Ans: No. Students who are already in receipt of any of the scholarships (either State or Central Government Sponsored) are not eligible to apply for PRAGATI Scholarships. However, candidates can opt for reimbursement.