WBJEE or ‘West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination’ is a state-government controlled centralized test, conducted by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board for admission to many private and governmental medical and engineering institutions in West Bengal.
- 80% to 90% seats shall be available for admission through WBJEE 2016.
- 10% Seats shall be available for admission through all India Entrance Examination.
WBJEE 2016 Important Dates
|Notification of WBJEE 2016||December 24th, 2016|
|Commencement of Application Submission||January 29th, 2016|
|Last Date for submission||February 29th,2016|
|Last date for document uploading||March 2nd, 2016|
|Last date of fee payment||March 5th,2016|
|Last date of printout||March 31st,2016|
|Correction of Form||March 7th -12th, 2016|
|WBJEE Admit Card 2016 Download||April 3rd, 2016|
|Date of Examination||May 17th, 2016|
|Publication of Result||June 5th, 2016|
Schedule Of Examination
|Biological Science||May 17th, 2016 (9 AM to 11:30 AM).|
|Physics & Chemistry||May 17th, 2016 (12.45 PM to 2.45 PM).|
|Mathematics||May 17th, 2016 (3.30 PM to 5.30 PM)|
WBJEE 2016 Eligibility
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- In WBJEE no upper limit exists, but the candidate should at least be 17 years of age.
- The candidate must pass Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination from a recognized Council/Board in a regular class mode with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Maths or Biology and pass in English. (55 % For SC/ST/PWD/OBC)
Eligibility For Marine Engineering In WBJEE 2016
- The minimum age to apply for Marine Engineering is 17 years and the upper age limit is 25 years.
- In addition to 60% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry and Math, the candidate also needs to pass in English with 50% in either 10th or 12th board examinations.
WBJEE 2016 Exam Pattern
The entire duration of WBJEE 2016 is 6 ½ hour and consists of 350 multiple choice questions.
|Subjects||Category 1||Category 2||Category 3|
|Correct Answer||Incorrect answer||Correct Answer||Incorrect answer||Correct Answer||Incorrect answer|
(Note: Use of only Blue and a Black pen is allowed in WBJEE OMR sheet)
5 Tips To Ace WBJEE 2016
- Solve previous year’s questions, try making a list of the formulae used in previous WBJEE papers and revise it often.
- When studying concepts, try visualizing instead of mugging up. This especially helps when applications of multiple concepts are asked.
- Revise whatever you have studied and use the PDF provided above to guide you.
- Make a list of those formulas, techniques, tricks or concepts that you tend to forget and stick it to the wall of your room.
- Learn to compose yourself and manage time.
All the best!